During the Week 24 of the EPL, the main highlights are:
- The most anticipated game was between Chelsea and Arsenal where after a close game of football, the teams tied on the score line of 2-2. The Gunners were too given a red card, reducing them to a side of 10-men but they still managed to draw the game.
- The top of the table, Liverpool continued their winning streak as they beat the Wolves 2-1. They are now 40 premier league games unbeaten.
- Tottenham and Aston Villa both won 2-0 beating Norwich City and Watford respectively.
- Manchester United disappointed their fans once again after suffering a 0-2 loss against Burnley FC. They have lost two in a row.
- Manchester City beat Sheffield United 1-0 while Leicester city thrashed West Ham 4-1, getting a win finally after losing its last two games.
- Everton drew with New Castle 2-2 while Bournemouth thrashed Brighton 3-1
The points table after week 24 looked like:
MP: Matches Played
GF: Goals for
GA: Goals against
GD: Goals difference
Points Table Overview
Liverpool retain their top spot by continuing their winning streak. They are clear by 16
Manchester City are in the second place after beating Sheffield United. They are 3
points clear of the second spot
Leicester retain their third spot after winning 4-1 in their last game. They are, however,
far from winning the title.
Chelsea are 4 th now while Manchester United are 5 th and Tottenham are on 6 th points.
Wolves are on the 7 th and all three have them 34 points apiece, hence these positions
will keep being shifted throughout as the tournament progresses
Arsenal could have climbed to the ninth spot if they had beaten Chelsea but a draw
means that the Gunners will retain their tenth spot
That’s all from week 24, for regular EPL updates, keep following Allsportspk.