French Open 2018 Highlights: Day 11 – 1st Half
Magnificent performances from sensational players were seen today at the French Open 2018. Simona Halep and Garbine Muguruza from Women’s Tennis booked their place into the semifinals.
These are the match highlights of the first half of day 11 of the French Open. In case you missed the highlights of day 10 of the French Open then click on the links given below:
Allsportspk presents to you the match highlights of the first half of day 11 of the French Open as it happened on Wednesday which are as follows:
Women’s Tennis Highlights
Match: Garbine Muguruza Vs Maria Sharapova
Result: Garbine Muguruza defeated Maria Sharapova at the French Open by 6-2, 6-1.
- An exceptional performance was seen today on the court between the Spaniard Professional, Garbine Muguruza, and the Russian Tennis player, Maria Sharapova, in the quarterfinals of the French Open.
- Garbine took a good start as he lead Maria in the first set. Maria failed to chase her and Garbine kept on scoring more points.
- After 4-2, Maria made some mistakes which costed her the set and eventually she lost it by 6-2. It was a great win for Garbine Muguruza as she won the set from a very tough player.
- Soon the second set started and Maria tried her best to defeat her opponent. Both the players looked confident on the court today as each one of them wasn’t easy to beat.
- Garbine again took the lead as she was in action today whereas on the other hand, Sharapova, was not quite in the mood. At last, she also lost the second set due to which she lost the set and the match.
— TENNIS.com (@Tennis) 6 June 2018
- However, Maria Sharapova made six double faults and one ace as compared to Garbine Muguruza who made two aces and only two double faults in the whole match.
- It was a great win for Muguruza as she made it to the semifinals of the French Open 2018.
- Garbine Muguruza will face the World No.1, Simona Halep, in the semifinals of the French Open.
Match: Simona Halep Vs Angelique Kerber
Result: Simona Halep defeated Angelique Kerber the French Open 2018 by 6-7(2), 6-3, 6-2.
- Exquisite and absolute performance from the Romanian, Simona Halep, and Angelique Kerber who played at their peak in the whole match.
- Both players looked quite in form on the court today as both were standing against each other in the quarterfinals.
- The first set started and Angelique took the lead after a few minutes but Simona was not an easy opponent to beat. Simona with some brilliant backhand and forehand shots took the lead in a very short time.
- But Kerber came back in action and started recovering the points quickly. The battle between the two players continued for some time and eventually came to a tie-break.
- Angelique won the set on the tie-break which was a big win for her and a devastating defeat for the Romanian, Simona Halep.
- It was a tough fight in the first set but a bad start from Simona from which nobody was expecting that kind of Tennis on the court today.
- After the break, the second set started and it was worth watching as Simona was leading Angelique but she recovered the points after some time and the score was 4-3.
- Both the players were trying to beat each other with all their strength and skill but eventually Simona won the set by 6-3. Simona was back in the game and looked confident after the win.
- So it was all down to the third set as nobody was sure that who could win this amazing match.
- The third set started and Kerber took the lead but the World No.1 wasn’t a piece of cake to beat so in a very less amount of time, Simona Halep took the lead and didn’t let Angelique to recover the points.
- So Simona won the third set and booked her name into the semifinals of Roland Garros.
- Simona Halep will now play against the Spaniard, Garbine Muguruza, in the semi-finals of the French Open 2018.
Above were the highlights of the 1st half of the 11th day of Women’s Tennis. Join allsportspk, if you haven’t, so that you can see the 2nd half of the French Open 2018.
For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk