Two IPL matches were held today. The Match Wise IPL Match Highlights are appended below the Points Table.
|1. Sunrisers Hyderabad||14||9||5||18||+0.284|
|2. Chennai Super Kings||13||8||5||16||+0.220|
|3. Kolkata Knight Riders||14||8||6||16||-0.070|
|4. Rajasthan Royals||14||7||7||14||-0.250|
|5. Mumbai Indians||13||6||7||12||+0.384|
|6. Royal Challengers Bangalore||14||6||8||12||+0.129|
|7. Kings XI Punjab||13||6||7||12||+0.490|
|8. Delhi Daredevils||13||4||9||8||-0.288|
IPL Match Highlights
Rajasthan Royals Vs Royal Challengers Bangalore
Match 52:Match Basics
Royal Challengers Bangalore 1st innings total: 162/5 (20 Overs, RR: 8.1)
- Batting:Rahul Tripathi 80* off 58 balls, AM Rahane 33 off 31 balls, Henry Klaasen 32 off 21 balls .
- Bowling: YS Chahal 0/26 in 4 overs, Umesh Yadav 3/25 in 4 overs.
Target: 165 runs from 20 overs.
Royal Challengers Bangalore 2nd innings total: 134 all out (19.2 Overs, RR: 6.93)
- Batting: AB de Villiers 53 off 35 balls, Parthiv Patel 33 off 21 balls.
- Bowling:K Gowtham 1/6 in 2 overs, Ben Laughlin 2/15 in 2 overs, JD Unadkat 2/27 in 3.2 overs, S Gopal 4/16 in 4 overs.
Result: Rajasthan Royals won by 30 runs
Man of the Match: Shreyas Gopal
IPL Match Highlights:
- RCB and RR faced each other in a must-win game as the losing team would be knocked out of contention of making it the play-offs.
- It was a day match so after winning the toss Rajasthan knew they had to bat to get a huge total on the scoreboard, if they wanted to win this match.
- Also, Rajasthan Royals were playing both of leg spinners, namely Ish Sodhi and Shreyas Gopal in this match to gain an advantage over RCB.
- So, the match started as Rajasthan sent Rahul Tripathi and Jofra Archer to open their innings in this match.
- But, Archer’s stay was cut short by Yadav who delivered once again as he took his wicket in the 2nd
- Tripathi was then joined by Rahane as both batsmen laid out a solid platform for RR by sharing a 98-run partnership between them.
- The match was now running out of RCB’s grasp and this is when Yadav returned to take two wickets in the 14th over and RCB made a comeback in this game.
- RR were now in danger of finishing small as less than 5 overs were left and they still needed 50-60 runs to make a game of this.
- This is when Henry Klaseen displayed his excellent form and he was very well assisted by K Gowtham as Rajasthan Royals managed to score 164 runs in 20 overs.
- It was now RCB’s turn to bat and they needed 165 runs to win this match and stay alive in this IPL season. Virat Kohli and Parthiv Patel walked out to open RCB’s innings and chase this modest score.
- But, after a good start to the innings, Kohli once again fell to leg-spin as Gowtham uprooted his stumps in the 3rd over of the match.
- AB de Villiers now joined Patel as both batsmen looked to form a partnership to steady RCB’s ship. They succeeded in this mission as both of them added another 55-runs on RCB’s scoreboard.
- RR needed a wicket now and they got two of them as Gopal took two wickets of Patel and Moeen Ali to send RCB 3 down in the 9th
- All the pressure now came on AB de Villiers as he was the only batsman left that could steer RCB home.
- But, he constantly lost partners from the other as Mandeep Singh and Colin de Grandhomme got out in consecutive overs and RCB were now 5 wickets down for 96 runs.
- All eyes were now on ABD but the man of the moment, Gopal was bowling so well today and he got his reward as he took ABD’s wicket in the 13th over to silence the RCB fans.
- This was a great time for the young Sarfraz to show his skillset but RR had the motive to win as they took his wicket followed by 3 others to win the match by 30 runs.
- So, RCB are finally knocked out of the IPL and Rajasthan Royals have a great chance to make it to the play-offs if they win their next match.
IPL Match Highlights
Match 53: Sunrisers Hyderabad Vs Kolkata Knight Riders
Sunrisers Hyderabad 1st innings total: 172/9 (20 Overs, RR: 8.6)
- Batting: Shikhar Dhawan 50 off 39 balls, SP Goswami 35 off 26 balls, Kane Williamson 36 off 17 balls, Manish Pandey 25 off 22 balls.
- Bowling: M Prasidh Krishna 4/30 in 4 overs, Sunil Narine 1/23 in 4 overs.
Target: 173 runs from 20 overs.
Kolkata Knight Riders 2nd innings total: 134 all out (19.2 Overs, RR: 6.93)
- Batting: Chris Lynn 55 off 43 balls, Sunil Narine 29 off 10 balls, Robin Uthappa 45 off 34 balls, Dinesh Karthik 26 off 22 balls.
Result: Kolkata Knight Riders won by 30 runs
Man of the Match:
IPL Match Highlights:
- This was KKR’s last league game against Sunrisers Hyderabad and winning this match would confirm their play-off space in this IPL.
- This was also the golden opportunity for KKR to win because SRH had made 3 changes in their squad in order to test players. And, KKR could definitely use this to their advantage.
- So, the toss was won by SRH and they elected to bat first as they believed their bowling attack could defend any total. Their openers namely, Dhawan and Goswami came out to bat.
- KKR wanted an early breakthrough but they couldn’t get it as Goswami and Dhawan shared a 79-runn partnership to give SRH a solid start.
- However, it always helps to have match winners on your side and Prasidh Krishna proved to be one as he took the first wicket of this innings to send Dhawan back to the pavilion.
- But this didn’t stop Williamson and Goswami as both players continued to attack KKR bowlers at a rapid strike rate.
- However, after Williamson got out, SRH started to lose wickets at crucial points of the match as KKR bowlers began to strike on a regular basis.
- So, after Dhawan and Yusuf Pathan got out, only Manish Pandey and Shakib Al Hasan could manage to take their scores into double figures as every other batsman got out in the single digits.
- This resulted in SRH scoring only 173 runs on the board. It was a low total considering KKR’s batting line-up but it was pretty much defendable if SRH’s bowling attack performed well.
- So, after the break the 2nd innings started and Sunil Narine and Chris Lynn walked out in the middle and gave their team a blazing start as KKR reached 50 runs inside 4 overs; courtesy of Narine of course.
- After Narine got out, KKR did not fumble as Lynn shared another 50-run partnership with Uthappa to reduce the chances for SRH for making a comeback in this match.
- And that’s exactly what happened as Karthik was the one to steer his team home as KKR finally qualified for the play-offs.
That is it for now, for more IPL match highlights, don’t forget to visit allsportspk tomorrow.
For video highlights visit this link.
For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk