|1st Test Match – DAY 2: New Zealand Vs England|
|Date: 23rd March, 2018|
|Venue: Eden Park, Auckland.|
|Umpires: Bruce Oxenford, Paul Reiffel|
|Toss won by: New Zealand elected to field first|
|New Zealand’s 1st Innings(ongoing):|
|Performers (Day 2):|
|Batting: Kane Williamson 102 off 220 balls, HM Nicholls 49* off 143 balls.|
|Bowling: James Anderson 3/53 in 20 overs.|
|Highlights & Analysis|
1. Not much action was seen on the second as the match was struck with rain for most part of the day. But, whatever time was on hand was used quite well by New Zealand as they extended their dominance on England.
2. The Kiwi skipper, Kane Williamson went onto to score his hundred and shared a 83-run partnership with his partner Nicholls.
3. After James Anderson removed Williamson from the crease, Watling joined Nicholls on the crease and both batsmen looked quite strong before rain halted play.
4. Umpires did routine inspections in between to check if the weather becomes fit to play however, short bursts of rain continued. This forced them to abandon play for the day.
5. With New Zealand leading by 171 runs with 6 wickets in hand; they will be pretty satisfied with their performance. England on the other hand would not have minded a few more wickets.
6. Day 3 will be an exciting one as the day after rain is surely going to bring out reverse swing to the bowlers. England will look to wrap England under 250 and score a big lead from there on.
7. New Zealand on the other hand will be looking to cash on this lead and extend it to 350+.
8. We are in for an exciting day tomorrow. Do join us for some riveting actiontomorrow.
JE Root (c)
KS Williamson (c)
C de Grandhomme
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk|