LAHORE: National Junior Badminton Championships concluded at Wapda Sports Complex, Lahore.
The winner of final matches included: Malik Ghasif Punjab who won the Boy’s Single U-14 title, in the Boy’s Single U-16 Saad Amir of Punjab took the title, the Girl’s Single U-16 was won by Summiya Tariq of Army. The Boy’s Single U-18 Omer Jahangir of KP won the title and Omama Usman Sindh won the Girl’s U-18 event. In the Boy’s Double U-18 Omer Jahangir and M Ozair KP took the title and Deena Shahzad and Kanzul Eman won the Girls’s Double U-18 Final.
The detailed results are as under:
Boy’s Single U-14 Finals
- Malik Ghasif (Punjab) beat M Hashir Shah (KP) by 21-10, 21-8
Boy’s Single U-16 Finals
- Saad Amir (Punjab) beat Rai Abdul Mannan (Punjab) by 18-21, 21-13, 21-15
Girl’s Single U-16 Finals
- Summiya Tariq (Army) beat Musfira Zahid (Sindh) by 21-5, 21-5
Boy’s Single U-18 Finals
- Omer Jahanghir (KP) beat Raja Hassan (Army) by 21-14, 21-16
Girl’s Single U-18 Finals
- Omama Usman (Sindh) beat Miss Hadiqa (Punjab) by 21-5, 21-6
Boy’s Double U-18 Finals
- Omer Jahanghir & M Ozair (KP) beat Raza Ali & Saad Amir (Punjab) by 21-15, 22-20
Girl’s Double U-18 Finals
- Deena Shahzad & Kanzul Eman (Islamabad) beat Zainab Ch & Hadiqa (Punjab) by 21-19, 21-19
Haji Muhammad Khalid Mehmood Secretary General of Pakistan Olympic Association was the Chief Guest of the final ceremony. He distributed trophies, cash and certificates amongst the winners and runner up of the championships. Rs 100,000 was the total price money.