South Africa Vs Sri Lanka 2nd ODI
||South Africa Vs Sri Lanka
|2nd ODI: South Africa Vs Sri Lanka
|Date: 1st August, 2018
|Venue: Rangiri Dambulla International Stadium
|Umpires: Paul Reiffel, Ranmore Martinesz
|Toss won by: Sri Lanka, elected to bat first.
|Sri Lanka’s Innings: 244/8 (50 Overs, RR: 4.88)
|Batting: Dickwella 69 off 78 balls, Angelo Matthews 79 off 111 balls.
|Bowling: Lungi Ngidi 3/50 in 8 overs, Kagiso Rabada 1/48 in 9 overs, AL PHehlukwayo 3/45 in 9 overs.
|Target: 245 runs from 50 overs.
|South Africa’s Innings:
|Batting: Quinton de Kock 87 off 78 balls, Hashim Amla 43 off 43 balls, Faf du Plessis 49 off 41 balls, JP Duminy 32 off 29 balls.
|Bowling: Akila Dananjaya 3/60 in 10 overs, Thisara Perera 1/34 in 7 overs, Suranga Lakmal 1/39 in 7 overs.
|Result: South Africa won by 4 wickets (with 43 balls remaining)
|Man Of The Match: Quinton de Kock
|Highlights & Analysis
|South Africa Vs Sri lanka: Sri Lanka 1st Innings
- The pitch appeared to be much drier than it was in the first ODI. And, the spin bowlers were going to get a significant turn if they managed to exploit the pitch.
- Upon winning the toss, Sri Lankan captain, Angelo Matthews chose to bat first.
- The Sri Lankan openers, Dickwella and Upul Tharanga came out to bat.
- For South Africa, Kagiso Rabada and Lungi Ngidi shared the new ball from each end.
- After what appeared to be a decent start for Sri Lanka, shortly became a nightmare as Lungi Ngidi struck twice in two balls to get rid of Tharanga and Kusal Mendis.
- Now, with Dickwella and Kusal Perera on the crease, Sri Lanka were 2 wickets down in the first two overs.
- Proteas continued with their quicks, but the pair did not flutter as Sri Lanka crossed the 50 run mark.
- Now, Phehlukwayo was introduced into the attack with Mulder bowling from the other end.
- The bowling pair added pressure from both ends, and finally this stand of 43 runs was broken by Phehlukwayo, as Perera lost his wicket.
- The Sri Lankan captain, Angelo Matthews joined Dickwella. The pair remained strong as Dickwella brought up his fifty and in the next over the fifty run stand also came up.
- Proteas introduced spinners into the mix, but the two batsmen continued to score and the partnership was now worth 67 runs.
- However, this stand also came to its end as Dickwella got out in his usual style to Phehlukwayo.
- Shehan Jayasuriya joined Angelo Matthews. The pair added another 42 runs to the total after which Mulder claimed the wicket of Jayasuriya.
- Now with Angelo Matthews and Thisara Perera on the crease, Sri Lanka were 5 wickets down for 165 runs with 16 overs to go.
- Angelo Matthews got to his well deserved fifty as the pair added 32 more runs to the total, after which Ngidi claimed the wicket of Perera.
- Dananjaya joined Matthews. And, this partnership lasted only 3 overs as Dananjaya became the victim of Kagiso Rabada.
- Lakmal joined Matthews, but he too departed in the next over to as Phehlukwayo got his 3rd wicket of the match.
- With three overs left, the debutante Jayasuriya joined Matthews. Only 16 runs came off in the last 3 overs; courtesy of some excellent death bowling by the Proteas.
- Sri Lanka finished with yet again a below par total of 244 runs.
South Africa Vs Sri Lanka: Sri Lanka 2nd Innings
- With 245 runs required to win in 50 overs, South African openers, Hashim Amla and Quinton de Kock came out to bat.
- For Sri Lanka, Suranga Lakmal and the debutante, Kasun Rajitha were given the new ball.
- A blistering start was witnessed from the opening pair as Proteas reached 44 runs in 7 overs.
- With the aim of getting a breakthrough, Angelo Matthews brought the spinner, Dananjaya into the attack.
- But the partnership kept on increasing, and now another spinner, i.e. Shehan Jayasuriya was introduced into the attack.
- The spinners added some pressure from both ends, and finally this 91 run partnership came to an end as Dananjaya claimed the wicket of Amla.
- Markram joined De Kock who continued his hitting flow and got to his well deserved half century.
- The pair added another 18 runs to the total after which Markram departed for the 2nd time in this series against Dananjaya.
- Now, the South African captain Faf du Plessis joined Quinton de Kock. At this point, South Africa only required 122 runs to win from 31 overs and were the favorites to win this match (South Africa vs Sri Lanka).
- The pair continued to add runs as Sri Lankan bowlers were not able to find a breakthrough.
- De Kock and Du Plessis added 53 runs after which the debutante Rajitha claimed the wicket of De Kock who fell 13 short of his century.
- Now, with 82 runs required from 23 overs, Duminy joined Du Plessis as South Africa looked in control to win this match(South Africa vs Sri Lanka).
- The pair added another 34 runs after which Du Plessis lost his wicket to Dananjaya.
- David Miller joined Duminy, but he departed in the very next over to Lakmal, however Proteas looked still in control to win this match(South Africa vs Sri Lanka).
- Now, with 5 wickets in hand, and 47 runs required in 18 overs, Mulder joined Duminy.
- The pair added 27 runs after which Duminy departed off Thisara’s bowling.
- Now, with Phehlukwayo and Mulder on the crease, Proteas only needed 14 runs to win.
- No wicket fell after this point as the pair chased down the score with ease and South Africa won the 2nd ODI to go 2-0 up in this series.
South Africa Vs Sri Lanka – 1st ODI: Proteas Outclass Lankans With Bat & Ball
This is the end of South Africa Vs Sri Lanka 2nd ODI. Join allsportpk on 5th August for the 3rd ODI between South Africa Vs Sri Lanka.
AD Mathews (Capt.)
N Dickwella (Wkt.)
F du Plessis (Capt.)
Q de Kock (Wkt.)
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk
error: Content is protected !!