||West Indies vs Bangladesh
| Match Basics
|2nd ODI: West Indies Vs Bangladesh
|Date: 26th July, 2018
|Venue: Providence Stadium, Guyana
|Umpires: Richard Illingworth, Gregory Brathwaite
|Toss won by: Bangladesh, elected to field first
| Scorecard Summary
|West Indies Innings: 271 all out (49.3 Overs, RR: 5.47)
|Batting: Hetmyer 125 off 93 balls, Powell 44 off 67 balls, Chris Gayle 29 off 38 balls.
|Bowling: Mustafizur Rahman 2/44 in 8.3 overs, Mehidy Hasan Miraz 1/40 in 10 overs, Mashrafe Mortaza 1/44 in 9 overs, Rubel Hossain 3/61 in 9 overs, Shakib Al Hasan 2/45 in 9 overs.
|Target: 272 runs in 50 overs.
|Bangladesh’s Innings: 268/6 (50 Overs, RR: 5.36)
|Batting: Mushfiqur Rahim 68 off 67 balls, Mahmudullah 39 off 51 balls, Shakib Al Hasan 56 off 72 balls, Tamim Iqbal 54 off 85 balls, Anamul Haque 23 off 9 balls.
|Bowling: Jason Holder 1/66 in 10 overs, Ashley Nurse 1/34 in 10 overs, Keemo Paul 1/43 in 7 overs, David Bishoo 1/39 in 10 overs.
|Result: West Indies won by 7 runs
|Man of the Match: Shimron Hetmyer
|Highlights & Analysis
|West Indies Vs Bangladesh: 1st Innings
- Having already won the first ODI, Bangladesh aimed to win this match and secure the series. On the other hand, it was a must win match for West Indies or they would lose this ODI series.
- Winning the toss for a 2nd time in a row, Mashrafe Mortaza chose to bowl first in overcast conditions.
- West Indies openers, Chris Gayle and Evan Lewis came out to bat. For Bangladesh, Mashrafe Mortaza and Mehidy Hasan shared the new ball from each end.
- The pair made a decent start, but after scoring 29 runs from 6 overs, this partnership was broken by Mashrafe who claimed the wicket of Evan Lewis.
- Shai Hope joined Chris Gayle. The pair began to play at an economic rate and after 10 overs, Windies were 1 wicket down with only 34 runs on the board.
- However, after garnering a partnership of 26 runs, the dangerous Gayle was pinned lbw by Mehidy Hasan.
- Shimron Hetmyer joined Shai Hope. The pair looked solid until, Mortaza introduced spin from both ends in the form of Shakib and Mehidy Hasan.
- This tactic bore fruit, as after a 22 run stand, Shai Hope departed of Shakib Al Hasan’s bowling.
- At this point, West Indies had scored 77 runs for the loss of 3 wickets.
- Jason Mohamed joined Shimron Hetmyer. The pair defied the spin bowlers and shared a solid stand of 23 runs, as Windies reached a total of hundred in 23 overs.
- Mashrafe introduced Rubel into the attack, and the pacer struck straightaway by claiming the wicket of Jason Mohamed.
- Powell joined Hetmyer. The pair remained slow in their approach, however they did not lose their wicket and Hetmyer also reached his well deserved half century.
- Soon the partnership between the two crossed a hundred runs. However, their joy was short lived as Rubel Hossain claimed the wicket of Powell.
- At this point in this match(West Indies Vs Bangladesh), Windies had 205 runs on the board with 8 overs and 6 wickets in hand.
- Jason Holder joined Powell but he departed in the very next over to Shakib Al Hasan.
- Nurse joined Hetmyer but he also departed without making it to the double figures.
- Now, West Indies began to lose wickets one after another, but it did not stop Hetymer to score his 2nd ODI century; A proud effort.
- Despite, not getting enough support from the other end, Hetmyer added some quick runs and helped West Indies to finish on 271 runs in 50 overs.
West Indies Vs Bangladesh: 2nd Innings
- With 272 runs required to win this match, Bangladesh openers, Tamim Iqbal and Anamul Haque came out to bat.
- For West Indies, the new ball was shared between Joseph and Holder.
- Unlike the first ODI, a brisk start was made by the openers as the pair amassed 31 runs from the first two overs.
- However, this overly form of aggression cost Bangladesh and Anamul Haque lost his wicket to Joseph.
- Tamim Iqbal joined Shakib Al Hasan. The pair started where they left of as after 9 overs, Bangladesh had scored 55 runs for the loss of one wicket.
- In an effort to get a wicket and stop the run leakage, Ashley Nurse was introduced into the attack.
- However, nothing seemed to stop the two batsmen as they reached the first fifty run stand of the innings.
- Several overs later, Tamim Iqbal reached his half century as the pair neared a century stand. At this point, the match(West Indies Vs Bangladesh) was almost becoming one sided.
- However, the pair fell short of 4 runs from reaching their century stand as Bishoo struck in his very first over to remove Tamim Iqbal.
- Mushfiqur Rahim joined Shakib Al Hasan. The pair added 16 runs to the total as Shakib Al Hasan reached his half century.
- However, he also fell to spin as Nurse got his first wicket of the match.
- Mahmudullah joined Mushfiqur Rahim. The pair shared a match changing partnership as they brough tup the 2nd 50 run stand between them.
- The partnership went on to 87 runs after which Mahmudullah got run out. At this point, Bangladesh needed 40 runs from 29 balls with 6 wickets in hand.
- Sabbir Rahman joined Musfiqur Rahim. The pair added another 26 runs as Mushfiqur Rahim reached his well deserved half century.
- At this point, Bangladesh now required 14 from 12 balls.
- But, West Indies came into the match from nowhere as Sabbir Rahman lost his wicket in the 49th followed by Mushfiqur who lost his wicket in the 50th over.
- It all came down to six runs off two balls and the West Indies defended the score to win the match and level the series by 1-1.
West Indies Vs Bangladesh – 1st ODI: Tamim, Mashrafe Dismantle Windies
West Indies Vs Bangladesh: Holder’s Brilliance Leads To Series Win
This is the end of West Indies Vs Bangladesh 2nd ODI. For the 3rd and final ODI of this series visit allsportpsk on 1st August.
Mashrafe Mortaza (Capt.)
Mehidy Hasan Miraz
Mushfiqur Rahim (Wkt.)
Shakib Al Hasan
JO Holder (Capt.)
SD Hope (Wkt.)
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk