West Indies Vs Sri Lanka 2nd Test
||West Indies Vs Sri Lanka
| Match Basics
|2nd Test Match – Day 3: West Indies Vs Sri Lanka
|Date: 16th June, 2018
|Venue: Darren Sammy National Cricket Stadium, Gros Islet, St Lucia
|Umpires: ML Udawatte, CAK Rajitha
|Toss won by: Sri Lanka , elected to bat first
| Scorecard Summary
|West Indies 1st Innings: 300 all out (100.3 Overs, RR: 2.98)
|Performers – Day 3:
|Batting: Devon Smith 61 off 176 balls, Shane Dowrich 55 off 98 balls, Roston Chase 41 off 68 balls, Powell 27 off 45 balls.
|Bowling: Kumara 4/86 in 26.3 overs, Lakmal 2/50 in 24 overs, Rajitha 3/49 in 22 overs, Dananjaya 1/81 in 25 overs.
|Sri Lanka’s 2nd Innings: 34/1 (9 Overs, RR: 3.77)
|Performers – Day 3:
|Batting: Perera 20 off 23 balls, Udwatte 11* off 31 balls.
|Bowling: Gabriel 1/14 in 4 overs.
|Highlights & Analysis
|West Indies Vs Sri Lanka: WI 1st Innings (Continued)
- The Umpires decided to change the ball at the start of Day 3 under the influence that it had been tampered with.
- But this decision didn’t go well with the Sri Lankan team as they refused to come out of their dressing room.
- And, after lots of discussion between the Sri Lankan captain, Chandimal and the umpires, Sri Lanka finally came on the field and play resumed.
- However, the ball was still changed and West Indies were awarded 5 penalty runs. Nevertheless, Sri Lanka plead not guilty and are formally going to challenge this decision.
- Devon Smith and Shai Hope came out to bat and Kumara was given the ball. Devon Smith started off slow while Shai Hope began to play his shots and score runs.
- However, his innings didn’t last long as Lakmal’s variable bounce off the pitch got him the wicket of Hope.
- Chase joined Smith. Both batsmen played on until lunch was called. After lunch a replenished Lakmal put pressure on Devon by beating him past the bat more than one time.
- This pressure resulted in Devon’s wicket as Dananjaya claimed his 1st wicket of the match. After this wicket rain stopped play.
- Play resumed after rain and Shane Dowrich joined Chase. Both batsmen played overly defensive cricket for quite some time but soon runs began to flow from their bats as the 50-run partnership came up.
- Dowrich and Chase continued to score and the partnership was now worth 78 runs.
- At this point the new ball became available and Sri Lanka took it. The new ball was used well by Kumara who stopped Chase from reaching his fifty.
- The West Indian captain, Jason Holder joined Roston Chase. And, after one over tea was called.
- The final session of play went underway with Sri Lanka looking to clean up the tail and West Indies aiming to get in the lead.
- Dowrich reached his fifty but he was dismissed in the next over by Lakmal who displayed his brilliance with the new ball.
- Bishoo joined Holder. But, two overs later, he departed and Jason Holder also couldn’t hold out for long as he also fell to the same bowler after contributing 15 runs.
- Roach and Cummins were now present on the crease. Both extended the lead to 39 runs before Roach got out and Kumara got his 3rd wicket.
- Gabriel joined Cummins. Both batsmen only added 5 runs before Kumara claimed his 4th wicket and West Indies innings came to an end.
West Indies Vs Sri Lanka: SL 2nd Innings
- Sri Lanka trailed by 47 runs as their openers Udawatte and Perera came out to bat. Roach was given the ball by his captain.
- Both batsmen resisted and built a 30-run partnership before Gabriel found the right length and dismissed Perera.
- Rajitha was sent out as the nightwatchman. Cummins bowled the last over but couldn’t get a wicket as West Indies lost a review and stumps were called.
The match had come to an exciting end. However, cricket fans were only talking about one thing. Have a look.
West Indies Vs Sri Lanka – 2nd Test: Day 2 – West Indies Stay On Track
Join Allsportspk tomorrow for Day 3 of West Indies Vs Sri Lanka 2nd Test.
JO Holder (Cpt.)
SO Dowrich (Wkt.)
DM de Silva
LD Chandimal (Cpt.)
N Dickwella (Wkt.)
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk
error: Content is protected !!