The play-off match for the third place was held of the ongoing FIFA World Cup 2018. The match wise highlights are appended below.
FIFA World Cup 2018 – M63: Belgium Vs England 2-0
WC ’18 – Match 63: Belgium Vs England
Result: 2 – 0
- Belgium: Thomas Meunier 4′, Eden Hazard 82′
|4||Shots On Target||
- Both England and Belgium aimed to end their World Cup campaign on a high by winning this match and securing the 3rd place.
- Belgium were the clear favorites, however England were not going to go down easy.
- Play started and as expected, Thomas Meunier put Belgium in the lead by converting a low cross from Chadli.
— Football GIFs (@FootballGIFs4) July 14, 2018
- This goal was the earliest that a Belgium player had scored in a World Cup.
- Now, England needed to tie the scoreboard but Belgium’s defense proved too strong for them as the first half ended with Belgium in the lead.
- In the 2nd half, early substitutions were made by England as Rashford and Jesse Lingard were induced into the attack.
- But despite several chances, England could not convert a single one of them into a goal.
- On the other hand, Belgium’s midfielder, Eden Hazard doubled the lead at the 82nd minute by surging the ball into the nets.
- With about 10 minutes left to play, England needed to score but poor attacking play was shown as England lost to Belgium to claim the 4th spot in the World Cup 2018.
?? Belgium finish 3rd at World Cup 2018.
? This is their highest EVER World Cup finish.
? A pleasure to watch. pic.twitter.com/Q2ZzIiDNMG
— World Cup (@FlFAWC2018) July 14, 2018
The difference between Lukaku’s Belgium and Kane’s England is that Belgium worked hard to get here while England were luckily pitched against easy teams. Belgium deserves the bronze #BELENG
— Jèfé Juān Jọsé (@Jefe_says) July 14, 2018
— Elvis Tunde ⚓ (@Tunnyking) July 14, 2018
The top and bottom of England’s entire World Cup campaign, is that they lost to every half decent side they played.
— Josh Woogs (@JoshWoogs) July 14, 2018
— SportsJOE (@SportsJOE_UK) July 14, 2018
England lost to Belgium twice and to Croatia. They beat Panama, Tunisia, Colombia and Sweden. Yet people are acting like this was some massive achievement. They beat teams they should beat and got spanked by good teams. How is that amazing? #Eng #Bel #BELENG
— fox ☺ (@Fox34345) July 14, 2018
-England have lost to every decent side they faced.
-Kane scored 3 penalties, 2 tap-ins & a defelcted goal.
-2nd lowest shots per 90.
-England are entering into a new era of pogressive football.
-England are favourites for the next EUROs.
— Arsenal Echo (@punkrockshake) July 14, 2018
— MonsterAmongMen (@uddin8989) July 14, 2018
— Victor Mochere (@VictorMochere) July 14, 2018
The mighty England beaten again i see, they have only played 2 decent sides all tournament and lost every game (twice to Belgium) but still they think they are world beaters. The team is shite and will never win anything so pipe down you idiots.
— Derek Crawford (@deeko1978) July 14, 2018
— Osas Cruz (@OsasCruz) July 14, 2018
Join allsportspk tomorrow for the World Cup 2018 Final between France and Croatia.