India Vs England 4th Test
||India Vs England
| Match Basics
|4th Test – Day 1: India Vs England
|Date: 30th August 2018
|Venue: The Rose Bowl, Southampton
|Umpires: Kumar Dharmasena, Bruce Oxenford
|Toss won by: England, elected to bat first
| Scorecard Summary
|England’s 1st Innings: 246 all out (76.4 Overs, RR: 3.2)
|Performers (Day 1):
|Batting: Alastair Cook 17 off 55 balls, Ben Stokes 23 off 79 balls, Moeen Ali 40 off 85 balls, Sam Curran 78 off 136 balls.
|Bowling: Jasprit Bumrah 3/46 in 20 overs, Ishant Sharma 2/26 in 16 overs, Hardik Pandya 1/51 in 8 overs, Mohammed Shami 2/51 in 18 overs, R Ashwin 2/40 in 14.4 overs.
|India’s 1st Innings (continued): 19/0 (4 Overs, RR: 4.75)
|Performers (Day 1):
|Batting: Shikhar Dhawan 3* off 8 balls, KL Rahul 11* off 16 balls
|Bowling: James Anderson 0/3 in 2 overs, Stuart Broad 0/12 in 2 overs
|Highlights & Analysis
|India Vs England: England’s 1st Innings
- With the series on the line, Indian captain Kohli chose to play an unchanged squad from the 3rd Test which India won by 203 runs.
- The pitch seemed to be hard and the spinners would come into play in the 2nd innings of this test.
- Meanwhile, England won the toss and Joe Root chose to bat, relying on his evergreen batsman and also the return of the bearded all-rounder, Moeen Ali.
- English openers, Kyle Jennings and Alastair Cook walked out to bat. For India, the new ball was given to Jasprit Bumrah and Ishant Sharma.
- And as expected, India were provided with a dream start, courtesy of Jasprit Bumrah who struck early to remove Kyle Jennings.
- The English captain, Joe Root joined Alastair Cook. Bumrah looked threatening and nearly got the wicket of Root, however he bowled a no ball and Root survived.
- But, Root got only one life in this innings, as after a 14 run partnership with Cook, Root departed off Ishant Sharma’s bowling.
- Jonny Bairstow joined Alastair Cook. The pair remained persistent with their defense until drinks were called on Day 1 of this test.
- Post drinks, Bumrah struck in his very first over, as Bairstow departed after scoring in the single figures.
- At this point, England were 3 wickets down, with 28 runs on the scoreboard.
- Ben Stokes joined Alastair Cook. The bowling pair of Ishant and Bumrah was replaced with Shami and Pandya from each end.
- And a change in bowling sparked up another wicket, as Cook fell to Hardik Pandya’s bowling.
- The English wicket-keeper, Jos Buttler joined Ben Stokes. The pair added 21 runs to the total after which lunch was called on Day 1 of this test.
- Post lunch, this partnership survived only 2 overs, as Buttler fell to Shami’s exquisite bowling.
- Moeen Ali joined Ben Stokes. The pair added another 17 runs after which Ben Stokes also departed off Mohammad Shami’s bowling.
- Sam Curran joined Moeen Ali. And, this is where England got the upper hand as the pair shared the first fifty run partnership of the innings.
- Moeen had a chance to reach his fifty, however a rash shot lost his wicket to Ashwin.
- Rashid joined Curran. This partnership lasted only a few overs, as Rashid departed early.
- Curran became aggressive and reached his fifty, with India constantly getting wickets from the other end.
- Sam Curran took England’s total near 250 but could not cross it as he fell to Ashwin and England were all out on 246.
India Vs England: India’s 1st Innings
- Trailing by 246 runs, Indian openers, Shikhar Dhawan and KL Rahul walked out to bat.
- England had 4 overs to get an early wicket, but the pair remained strong as the Day 1 ended with India putting 19 runs on the board with 10 wickets intact.
This is the end of India Vs England 4th Test, Day 1. Join Allsportspk tomorrow for the 2nd day of India Vs England 4th test match.
JC Buttler (Wkt.)
JE Root (Capt.)
RR Pant (Wkt.)
V Kohli (Capt.)
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk
error: Content is protected !!