||Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe
| Match Basics
|1st ODI: Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe
|Date: 13th July, 2018
|Venue: Queens Sports Club, Bulawayo
|Umpires: Langton Rusere, Ian Gould
|Toss won by: Zimbabwe, elected to field first
| Scorecard Summary
|Pakistan’s Innings: 308/7 (50 Overs, RR: 6.16)
|Batting: Imam-ul-Haq 128 off 134 balls, Fakhar Zaman 60 off 70 balls, Babar Azam 30 off 34 balls, Asif Ali 46 off 25 balls.
|Bowling: TL Chatara 2/49 in 10 overs, B Muzarbani 1/56 in 10 overs, DT Tiripano 2/66 in 10 overs, WP Masakadza 1/56 in 10 overs.
|Target: 309 runs from 50 overs.
|Zimbabwe’s Innings: 107 all out (35 Overs, RR: 3.05)
|Batting: CJ Chibhabha 20 off 38 balls, TK Musakanda 21 off 20 balls, R Murray 32 off 48 balls.
|Bowling: Shadab Khan 4/32 in 9 overs, Usman Khan 2/21 in 5 overs, Faheem Ashraf 2/14 in 5 overs, Mohammad Amir 1/21 in 7 overs, Hasan Ali 1/6 in 4 overs.
|Result: Pakistan won by 201 runs
|Man of the Match: Imam-ul-Haq
|Highlights & Analysis
|Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe: 1st Innings
- The Zimbabwe captain chose to bowl first under overcast conditions.
- Pakistani openers, Fakhar Zaman and Imam-ul-Haq walked out to bat. Chatara and Muzarbani were given the new ball by their captain.
- The batsmen started out very slowly and only mustered up 36 runs from 10 overs.
- Imam continued with his slow strike rate and Fakhar Zaman was no different as it took Pakistan 14 overs to reach 50 runs.
- After this initial milestone, some improvement in the run rate was seen as in the next 8 overs, Fakhar reached his half century and brought up the 100 run stand with Imam.
- Imam-ul-Haq also reached his half century and at this point, Zimbabwe desperately needed a wicket.
- Roche finally delivered for Zimbabwe as he claimed the wicket of the dangerous Fakhar Zaman.
- Babar Azam joined Imam-ul-Haq. The pair brought up the second fifty run stand as Babar aimed for his half century.
- However, Masakadza took the wicket of Babar Azam to break the 58 run stand.
- The experienced Shoaib Malik was sent up the order.
- Imam continued with his cautious approach and brought up his 2nd ODI hundred from 109 balls.
- The pair took the total above 200 runs and Zimbabwe somehow needed a breakthrough.
- Tiripano came back into the attack and struck straightaway as he took the big wicket of Shoaib Malik.
- Asif Ali joined Imam-ul-Haq who was struggling against pace for quite some time and finally lost his wicket to Muzarbani.
- At this point, Pakistan had scored 268 runs for the loss of 4 wickets and 5 overs were left in the innings.
- No batsman other than Asif Ali made an impact as the young finisher took Pakistan to a total of 308 runs.
Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe: 2nd Innings
- With 309 runs to win this match, Zimbabwe openers, Chibhabha and Chari walked out to bat. Mohammad Amir and Usman Khan were give the first overs by Sarfraz Ahmed.
- Usman Khan struck on his very first ball as Chari miscued a pull and Zimbabwe lost their first wicket.
- Masakadza joined Chibhabha but he lost his wicket in the very next over as Usman Khan claimed his 2nd wicket of the match.
- Musakanda joined Chibhabha. At this point, Zimbabwe were 2 wickets down and needed 297 runs to win this match.
- The pair looked solid as they added 33 more runs to the total.
- However, Sarfraz Ahmed’s persistence with pace paid off as Faheem Ashraf got the wicket of Musakanda.
- Moor joined Chibhabha. Pakistan brought Hasan Ali into the attack from the other end.
- This move worked as the fiery pacer rattled Chibhabha’s stumps as Zimbabwe lost their 4th wicket of the match.
- Zimbabwe struggles continued as in the very next over, Faheem Ashraf took the wicket of Moor.
- Tiripano and Murray were present on the crease and Zimbabwe needed 254 runs to win from 35 overs with only 5 wickets in hand.
- At this point, Pakistan were the clear favourites to win this match(Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe).
- Shadab Khan came into the attack and got the wicket of Tiripano. Roche and Masakadza displayed some resistance but the leg spinner got their wickets in consecutive overs.
- Chatara lost his wicket to Mohammad Amir and the last wicket was taken by Shadab Khan as Pakistan won the match(Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe) by 201 runs.
This is the end of Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe, 1st ODI. Join Allsportspk on 16th July, Monday for the 2nd ODI of Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe.
Sarfraz Ahmed (Capt.) (Wkt.)
H Masakadza (Capt.)
R Murray (Wkt.)
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk