The International Cricket Council (ICC) announced the final sche
dule of the Cricket World Cup 2019, which will be held from May 30 to July 14 in England and Wales.
The noticeable features are:
- England and South Africa will play the opening match on 30th May at The Oval.
- Edgbaston and Old Trafford will stage the two semi-finals on 9th and 11th July respectively.
- Lord’s ground will host the final on 14th July.
- Pakistan the reigning ICC Champions Trophy winners and former champions will start against the World T20 winners and two-time former champions the West Indies on 31st May.
- India, the 1983 and 2011 world champions who also won the ICC Champions Trophy in 2013, will play their first match on 5th June against South Africa.
- The traditional rivals Pakistan and India match will be played at Old Trafford, Manchester on 16th June.
- Australia will play the first title defence match on 1st June against Afghanistan.
- The tournament will last for 46 days.
- 11 venues will be used in total.
- Each side will play the other once in a single-league format with the top four sides after 45 matches progressing to the semi-finals.
Pakistan Schedule of Matches:
- South Africa on June 23 at Lord’s.
- New Zealand on June 26 at Edgbaston.
- Afghanistan on June 29 at Leed’s.
- Bangladesh on July 5 at Lord’s
The detailed schedule table of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 matches is as follows:
According to ICC announcement the venues on which the World Cup matches will be:
- Cardiff – Cardiff Wales Stadium
- Bristol – County Ground Bristol
- Taunton – County Ground Taunton
- Birmingham – Edgbaston
- Southampton – Hampshire Bowl
- Leeds – Headingley
- London – Lord’s
- Manchester – Old Trafford
- London The Oval
- Chester-le-Street – The Riverside
- Nottingham – Trent Bridge
For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk