Pakistan Vs Scotland 1st T20
||Pakistan Vs Scotland
| Match Basics
|1st T20: Pakistan Vs Scotland
|Date: 12th June, 2018
|Venue: Grange Cricket Club, Raeburn Place, Edinburgh
|Umpires: Alex Dowdalls, Allan Haggo
|Toss won by: Pakistan , elected to bat first
| Scorecard Summary
|Pakistan’s Innings: 204/4 (20 Overs, RR: 10.2)
|Batting: Sarfraz Ahmed 89* off 49 balls, Shoaib Malik 53 off 27 balls, Fakhar Zaman 21 off 15 balls.
|Bowling: AC Evans 3/23 in 4 overs, Berrington 1/29 in 3 overs.
|Scotland’s Innings: 156/6 (20 Overs, RR: 7.8)
|Batting: MA Leask 38 off 24 balls, KJ Coetzer 31 off 18 balls, DE Budge 24 off 21 balls, HG Munsey 25 off 22 balls.
|Bowling: Shadab Khan 2/25 in 4 overs, Hasan Ali 2/33 in 4 overs, Mohammad Nawaz 1/22 in 4 overs.
|Result: Pakistan won by 48 runs
|Man of the Match: Sarfraz Ahmed
|Highlights & Analysis
|Pakistan Vs Scotland: 1st Innings
- Better conditions for batting and Pakistan’s tendency to take wickets in the 2nd innings, allowed Sarfraz to bat first after winning the toss.
- Fakhar Zaman and Ahmed Shehzad walked out to bat. Zaman brought his natural aggressive play and began to attack Scottish bowlers.
- After making a cautious start, Shehzad also began to show aggression. But, his inconsistency continued as he departed in the very next over by Evans.
- Fakhar Zaman was now joined by the youngster, Hussain Talat. While, Talat kept his eye on the ball and started his innings carefully.
- Zaman, on the other hand didn’t falter from his natural game i.e. Aggression and lost his wicket in the 6th over to Evans.
- Hussain Talat was now joined by the Pakistan captain, Sarfraz Ahmed. Sarfraz took the charge and Talat complimented his captain as both batsman shared a 41-run partnership between them.
- But, the Scottish captain’s reliance on Berrington paid off, as Hussain Talat’s reverse scoop cost him his wicket.
- Pakistan’s senior batsman Shoaib Malik joined Sarfraz Ahmed. At this point, Pakistan were 3 wickets down for 87 runs.
- In the start both batsmen began to rotate strike in order to release pressure. And, after 2 overs, fluent boundaries began to come off the bat.
- As, both Malik and Sarfraz reached their fifty in consecutive overs to put Scottish bowlers on the back foot.
- 200+ runs was now a possibility. And, in an effort to get to it Malik departed in the 19th over after a well-mad fifty.
- But, it hardly mattered as the Pakistan captain Sarfraz remained not out and scored 4 consecutive boundaries in the last over to get his team over 200.
- Apart from Evans, every Scottish bowler was had been targeted by the Pakistani batsmen and now they needed 205 runs to win off 20 overs.
Pakistan Vs Scotland: 2nd Innings
- The Scottish captain, Coetzer and Munsey came on to bat and shattered Pakistan’s dreams of getting quick wickets with their aggressive batting.
- Scoring with a run-rate of 10 per over, both batsmen brought up their 50-run partnership inside 5 overs.
- At this point, Pakistan’s spear-head Hasan Ali took Munsey’s wicket and with that Pakistan made a comeback in this game.
- Coetzer was now joined by Berrington but his stay only lasted one over as, the young leggie, Shadab Khan struck on his very first ball.
- Scotland’s weakness to spin didn’t end there. As, Nawaz took the wicket of the Scottish captain, Coetzer and with that Scotland were 3 wickets down for 69 runs.
- Now the centurion from the ODI match, Macleod came on to bat. But, his partnership with Budge could only survive 2 overs before Shadab claimed his wicket.
- The match was surely over for Scotland as the required run-rate had now crept up to 15 an over. Budge and Leask didn’t do much good to the run-rate either as it crept to 20 runs per over.
- With 4 overs left in the 2nd innings, Amir returned for his 3rd over and claimed the wicket of Budge and Scotland were now 5 wickets down for 107 runs.
- Cross joined Leask. Leask hit a couple of boundaries in the last overs, but it didn’t matter as in the end, Pakistan won the match by 48 runs.
Breaking: 1st T20 – Pakistan Beat Scotland By 48 runs
This is the end of Pakistan Vs Scotland 1st T20. Join Allsportspk tomorrow for the 2nd T20 of Pakistan Vs Scotland.
Sarfraz Ahmed (Cpt.) (Wkt.)
KJ Coetzer (Cpt.)
MH Cross (Wkt.)
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk
error: Content is protected !!