||India Vs England
T20 Series – 3rd T20
|T20 Tri-Series – 3rd T20: India Vs England
|Date: 8th July 2018
|Venue: County Ground, Bristol
|Umpires: Rob Bailey, Tim Robinson
|Toss won by: India, elected to field first
| Scorecard Summary
|England’s Innings: 198/9 (20 overs, RR: 9.9)
|Batting: Jason Roy 67 off 31 balls, Jos Buttler 34 off 21 balls, Alex Hales 30 off 24 balls, Johnny Bairstow 25 off 14 balls.
|Bowling: S Kaul 2/35 in 4 overs, Hardik Pandya 4/38 in 4 overs, DL Chahar 1/43 in 4 overs, Umesh Yadav 1/48 in 4 overs.
|Target: 199 runs from 20 overs.
|India’s Innings: 201/3 (18.4 Overs, RR: 10.76)
|Batting: Rohit Sharma 100* off 56 balls, Hardik Pandya 33* off 14 balls, Virat Kohli 43 off 29 balls, KL Rahul 19 off 10 balls.
|Bowling: David Willey 1/37 in 4 overs, Jake Ball 1/39 in 3 overs, Chris Jordan 1/30 in 3.4 overs.
|Result: India won by 7 wickets.
|Man of the Match: Rohit Sharma
|Highlights & Analysis
|India Vs England: 1st Innings
- The wicket was hard and with a good coverage of grass. This factor plus the ‘India chasing factor’ led Virat Kohli to bowl first in the decisive T20 of this series (India Vs England).
- English openers, Jason Roy and Jos Buttler came out to bat. Deepak Chahar was given the new ball by Virat Kohli.
- Both batsmen made a blazing start to the innings as England reached 43 runs in 4 overs.
- Siddharth Kaul was brought into the attack. But, the onslaught continued as Jason Roy reached his half century in just 23 balls.
- The power play ended and at this point, England had scored 73 runs without the loss of a single wicket.
- Spin was introduced in the form of Yuvezendra Chahal. Some pressure was added by spinner and in the very next over, Kaul uprooted the stumps of Jos Buttler.
- Alex Hales joined Jason Roy. But, this partnership could only survive for one over as Chahar claimed the wicket of Roy to send England 2 wickets down in 10 overs.
- The English captain, Morgan joined Hales. Both added 32 runs to the total after which Hardik Pandya finally delivered in his third over to claim the wickets of both batsmen.
- At this point England were 4 wickets down for 140 runs with Ben Stokes and Bairstow on the crease.
- Stokes and Bairstow added 35 more runs to the total.
- However, Pandya returned for his last over and got the wickets of the middle order batsmen.
- With 2 overs left in the innings and David Willey on the crease, England aimed for 200 runs.
- But, they fell 2 runs short from their target as three wickets were claimed by Indian bowlers and England finished on 198 runs in 20 overs.
India Vs England: 2nd Innings
- With 199 runs to chase in 20 overs, Indian batsmenShikhar Dhawan and Rohit Sharma opened the innings. David Willey started off for England.
- A blazing start was made by Rohit Sharma but Shikhar Dhawan’s batting woes continued as David Willey struck in this 2nd over.
- KL Rahul joined Rohit Sharma. The added runs in quick time as India crossed the 50 run mark in 5 overs.
- Jake Ball was given the last over of the power play and he struck straightaway as Chris Jordan took a stunning catch to dismiss the explosive batsman.
- The Indian captain, Virat Kohli joined Rohit Sharma. England introduced spin i.e. Adil Rashid into the attack.
- But, Rohit Sharma continued the onslaught and reached his fifty in 28 balls.
- Kohli also began scoring quite effortlessly from the other end and soon the 50 run stand was up between the two prolific batsmen.
- No tactic was working for England as India’s total crossed 150 runs. But, in the very same over Chris Jordan took a catch off his own bowling to dismiss Virat Kohli.
- Hardik Pandya was sent up the order as he joined Rohit Sharma who was nearing a century.
- At this point, India required 48 runs from 30 balls to win this match and claim the 3 match series.
- Both batsmen made this chase look easy as after scoring 20 runs off the 18th over, Rohit Sharma reached his century in the 19th over.
- Following that a six from Pandya sealed the series for India.
India Vs England T20 Series – Highlights – 1st T20: India Win By 8 Wickets
India Vs England – 2nd T20: Alex Hales Conquers India
This is the end of India Vs England T20 Series. Join allsportspk on 12th July for the 1st ODI match between India Vs England.
MS Dhoni (Wkt.)
V Kohli (Capt.)
EJG Morgan (Capt.)
JM Bairstow (Wkt.)
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk