India Vs England 2nd T20
||India Vs England
T20 Series – 2nd T20
|T20 Tri-Series – 2nd T20: India Vs England
|Date: 6th July 2018
|Venue: Sophia Gardens, Cardiff
|Umpires: Rob Bailey, Tim Robinson
|Toss won by: England, elected to field first
| Scorecard Summary
|India’s Innings: 148/5(20 Overs, RR: 7.4)
|Batting: Virat Kohli 47 runs off 38 balls, MS Dhoni 32* off 24 balls, Suresh Raina 27 off 20 balls.
|Bowling: David Willey 1/18, Liam Plunkett 1/17 in 4 overs, Adil Rashid 1/29 in 4 overs.
|Target: 149 runs from 20 overs
|England’s Innings: 149/5 (19.4 Overs, RR: 7.68)
|Batting: Alex Hales 58* off 41 balls, Johnny Bairstow 28 off 18 balls.
|Bowling: Umesh Yadav 2/36 in 4 overs, Bhuvneshwar Kumar 1/19 in 3.4 overs, Hardik Pandya 1/28 in 4 overs, Yuzvendra Chahal 1/28 in 4 overs.
|Result: England won by 5 wickets.
|Man of the Match: Alex Hales
|Highlights & Analysis
|India Vs England: 1st Innings
- The pitch was a new one with some grass on the surface. Meanwhile, underneath the pitch, dryness was present which was going to assist both spinners and pacers.
- Jake Ball made his T20I debut for England as Moeen Ali was dropped from the English side.
- Eoin Morgan chose to bowl first mainly because the English side would prefer a chase rather than bat first.
- The Indian openers, Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan walked out to bat. David Willey was given the new ball by the English captain.
- England got the ball swinging from the very start and Jake Ball removed Rohit Sharma in his very first over to give England their first breakthrough.
- The centurion from the previous match, KL Rahul joined Dhawan. England continued with their pacers as they were constantly putting pressure on the Indian batsmen.
- After 4 overs, India had only scored 22 runs for the loss of one wicket.
- Liam Plunkett was introduced into the attack. The bowler hit Dhawan on the elbow which produced a run out as Shikhar Dhawan departed after scoring 10 runs.
- Virat Kohli joined KL Rahul. India’s worries were doubled as two balls later, Plunkett shattered the batsman’s middle stump and gave England a big breakthrough.
- Suresh Raina joined Virat Kohli. At this point India were 3 wickets down with only 23 runs on the board.
- Both batsmen survived some overs as spin was introduced into the attack. The pair continued to score and eventually brought up the first 50 run partnership of this match.
- But, England got the breakthrough in the very next over as Rashid deceived Raina with a wrong’un to claim his wicket.
- Dhoni joined Virat Kohli. The former captain took the cautious route while Virat Kohli began to attack the English bowlers.
- But, after sharing a 32 run partnership Kohli’s wicket was taken by David Willey as he fell three runs short of a half century.
- Hardik Pandya joined Dhoni. With less than 3 overs left, Dhoni added some crucial runs with 22 runs coming off the last over as India finished on 148 runs in 20 overs.
India Vs England: 2nd Innings
- With 150 runs required in 20 overs, English openers Jason Roy and Jos Buttler came out to bat and Umesh Yadav started it off for India.
- Roy played attacking cricket from the very start but his aggression was soon ended by Umesh Yadav who shattered his wickets and India got their first breakthrough.
- Root joined Buttler. But, Yadav was not done yet as Virat’s strategy to give him his third over worked as Yadav claimed the big wicket of Buttler.
- Alex Hales joined Joe Root. At this point, England had scored 33 runs with 8 wickets in hand.
- Virat Kohli brought Chahal into the attack. This move worked wonders as Joe Root was cleaned up by the leg spinner’s googly.
- The English captain, Eoin Morgan joined Alex Hales. Morgan supported Hales who defied the Indian spinners and kept getting boundaries frequently.
- The partnership was now worth 48 runs and Hardik Pandya was brought in to break this stand. And, the all rounder struck straight away as Shikhar Dhawan took a stunning catch at the boundary.
- Bairstow joined Hales. The batsman hit a couple of sixes to Kuldeep but gave his wicket to Bhuneshwar Kumar as England lost their 5th wicket.
- David Willey joined Alex Hales with England needing only 23 runs from less than 3 overs.
- It all come down to the last over, but Umesh Yadav could not stop the in-form Hales as the batsman got to his fifty and won the match for England.
India Vs England T20 Series – Highlights – 1st T20: India Win By 8 Wickets
This is the end of India Vs England 1st T20. Join allsportspk on 8th July for the 3rd and final T20 of India Vs England.
MS Dhoni (Wkt.)
V Kohli (Capt.)
EJG Morgan (Cpt.)
JM Bairstow (Wkt.)
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk
error: Content is protected !!