India Vs England 1st T20
||India Vs England
T20 Series – 1st T20
| Match Basics
|T20 Tri-Series – 1st T20: India Vs England
|Date: 3rd July 2018
|Venue: Old Trafford, Manchester
|Umpires: Alex Wharf, Rob Bailey
|Toss won by: India, elected to field first
| Scorecard Summary
|England’s Innings: 159/8 (20 Overs, RR: 7.95)
|Batting: Jason Roy 30 off 20 balls, Jos Buttler 69 off 46 balls, DJ Willwy 28 off 15 balls.
|Bowling: Kuldeep Yadav 5/24 in 4 overs, Umesh Yadav 2/21 in 4 overs, Hardik Pandya 1/33 in 4 overs
|Target: 160 runs from 20 overs
|India’s Innings: 163/2 (18.2 Overs, RR: 8.89)
|Batting: Lokesh Rahul 101* off 54 balls, Rohit Sharma 32 off 30 balls, Virat Kohli 20* off 22 balls.
|Bowling: David Willey 1/30 in 4 overs, Adil Rashid 1/25 in 4 overs.
|Result: India win by 8 wickets.
|Man of the Match: Kuldeep Yadav
|Highlights & Analysis
|India Vs England: 1st Innings
- The pitch looked flat as a road but it was going to offer something to the spinners. Kohli chose to field mainly because the pitch won’t change throughout the game.
- Also, India’s tendency to chase well also made this a good decision on a flat track.
- English openers, Jason Roy and Jos Buttler came out to bat and the new ball was given to Kumar.
- Roy got off to a flying start as England scored 28 runs inside 3 overs. This forced Kohli to bring on spin early and Chahal was introduced into the attack.
- But, it didn’t help one bit as both batsmen feasted on the bowler as England’s run rate crossed 10 per over.
- Umesh Yadav was brought back into the attack and finally he got the breakthrough as he castled Roy to give India their first wicket.
- Alex Hales joined Jos Buttler. Hales took the cautious route as Buttler started firing from the other end as England reached 95 runs in 11 overs.
- Buttler also reached his half century with a six.
- But, in the very next over Hales’s struggles with the ball ended as Kuldeep Yadav bowled him to provide India with their 2nd wicket.
- The English captain, Morgan joined Buttler. Kohli introduced Chahal from the other end in order to maintain the pressure.
- This move worked as in the very next over, Kuldeep Yadav used this pressure to take the wicket of Eoin Morgan. With this wicket, this match(India Vs England) became interesting.
- Bairstow joined Buttler. However, he too departed on a golden duck followed by Root who was stumped by Dhoni.
- At this point, England had lost 5 wickets for 109 runs with only 6 overs left.
- Moeen Ali joined Buttler. But, Ali’s woeful form with the bat continued as he gifted his wicket to Hardik Pandya.
- David Willey joined Buttler and he added 20 runs to give a temporary boost to English innings.
- With 3 overs to go, Buttler was supposed to fire but he didn’t as Yadav got his 5th wicket haul of the match; A proud effort.
- Jordan became a victim of Umesh Yadav as England slipped to 8 wickets and finally finished on 159 runs in 20 overs.
India Vs England: 2nd Innings
- With 159 runs to win this match, England had to pull out a stunning bowling performance to avoid this match(India Vs England) from being one sided.
- Shikhar Dhawan and Rohit Sharma came out to bat and David Willey was given the new ball by his captain.
- After a sneaky start, David Willey struck in his very 1st over to remove Dhawan to give England a dream start.
- Surprisingly, KL Rahul came out to bat at No.3 instead of Virat Kohli. David Wiley returned for his 3rd over but couldn’t get a wicket as Roy dropped Rahul.
- This drop cost England as both batsmen got set on the crease as India reached 60 runs in 6 overs.
- After the power play, spin was introduced into the attack from both ends in the form of Rashid and Moeen.
- However, this move backfired both Rahul and Rohit Sharma feasted on the two spinners to take India to 103 runs in 10 overs.
- Rahul also reached his fifty during this onslaught on the spinners as India Vs England became one sided in no time.
- Pacers were introduced back into the attack but Lokesh Rahul was not sparing anyone as boundaries were pouring down as rain.
- Meanwhile, the partnership between the two batsmen was now worth 123 runs, when finally Rashid Khan claimed the wicket of Rohit Sharma to give England their first wicket.
- Virat Kohli joined Lokesh Rahul who was eyeing his well deserved century.
- Kohli proved to be a good partner as Rahul got his century and later on Kohli sealed the victory with a six.
This is the end of India Vs England 1st T20. Join allsportspk on 6th July for the 2nd T20 of India Vs England.
MS Dhoni (Wkt.)
V Kohli (Capt.)
EJG Morgan (Capt.)
JC Buttler (Wkt.)
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk
error: Content is protected !!