Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe 3rd ODI
||Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe
| Match Basics
|3rd ODI: Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe
|Date: 16th July, 2018
|Venue: Queens Sports Club, Bulawayo
|Umpires: Russell Tiffin, Ian Gould
|Toss won by: Zimbabwe, elected to bat first
| Scorecard Summary
|Zimbabwe’s Innings: 67 all out (25.1 Overs, RR: 2.66)
|Batting: Chibhabha 16 off 28 balls
|Bowling: Junaid Khan 2/7 in 5 overs, Faheem Ashraf 5/22 in 8.1 overs, Yasir Shah 1/10 in 7 overs, Shadab Khan 1/6 in 1 over, Usman Khan 1/19 in 4 overs.
|Target: 68 from 50 overs.
|Pakistan’s Innings: 69/1 (9.5 Overs, RR: 7.01)
|Batting: Fakhar Zaman 43 off 24 balls, Babar Azam 19 off 34 balls
|Bowling: Muzarbani 1/43 in 5 overs
|Result: Pakistan won by 9 wickets (with 241 balls remaining)
|Man of the Match: Faheem Ashraf
|Highlights & Analysis
|Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe: 1st Innings
- Having already won the first two matches of this ODI series, Pakistan aimed to win this match and seal the series.
- On the other hand, it was a do or die match for Zimbabwe as they had to win at all costs to keep the series alive.
- The pitch appeared to be a true surface and there was going to be plenty of bounce and carry. It was going to assist both bowlers and batsmen so the toss really did not matter.
- Nevertheless, Zimbabwe won the toss yet again and Masakadza chose to bat again.
- Chibhabha and Masvaure opened the batting for Zimbabwe. For Pakistan, the new ball was shared between Junaid Khan and Usman Khan.
- After surviving the first over, Masvaure departed off Usman Khan’s bowling as Pakistan got their early breakthrough.
- Masakadza joined Chibhabha. The pair added 15 runs to the total after which Junaid Khan claimed the wicket of Masakadza.
- Musakanda joined Chibhabha. Pakistan continued with its pacers and Junaid Khan struck again, this time taking the wicket of Musakanda.
- Moor joined Chibhabha and Faheem Ashraf was introduced into the attack.
- The all-rounder struck straightaway as he got the wicket of Moor. At this point, Zimbabwe were 4 wickets down for 29 runs.
- Murray joined Chibhabha. Yasir Shah was introduced into the attack from the other end.
- The leg spinner added extra pressure and Faheem Ashraf struck in his 2nd over to claim the wicket of Chibhabha.
- Chigumbura joined Murray. This partnership also survived for one over as Faheem struck for the third time in a row to claim the wicket of Chigumbura.
- Chisoro joined Murray but he departed in the very next over to Yasir Shah who got his first wicket of the match.
- Masakadza joined Murray. The pair added 11 runs after which Faheem got the wicket to Murray.
- Muzarbani joined Masakadza. The pair stood on the crease for 6 overs and forced a change from Pakistan as Shadab was introduced into the attack.
- The leg spinner struck straightaway after which Faheem Ashraf returned to take the last wicket of Zimbabwe and bowl them out on 67 runs.
- This was Zimbabwe’s lowest total against Pakistan.
Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe: 2nd Innings
- With only 67 runs required to win this match, Pakistani openers Fakhar Zaman and Imam ul Haq walked out to bat.
- For Zimbabwe, the new ball was shared between Muzarbani and Ngrava.
- Muzarbani struck on the very first ball as Imam ul Haq bagged a golden duck and Zimbabwe got their dream start of the match.
- After this point, no wicket fell as Fakhar Zaman blasted through the Zimbabwe bowlers, well supported by Babar Azam as Paksitan won the match by 9 wickets.
- With this win, Pakistan secured this series and will have nan oppurtunity to test out youngsters in the next two ODI’s.
Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe – 1st ODI: All-Round Pakistan Outclass Zimbabwe
Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe – 2nd ODI: Fakhar, Usman Deliver; Pakistan Win
This is the end of Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe, 3rd ODI. Join Allsportspk on 20th July for the 4th ODI of Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe.
Sarfraz Ahmed (Capt.) (Wkt.)
H Masakadza (Capt.)
R Murray (Wkt.)
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk
error: Content is protected !!