Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe 2nd ODI
||Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe
| Match Basics
|2nd ODI: Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe
|Date: 16th July, 2018
|Venue: Queens Sports Club, Bulawayo
|Umpires: Russell Tiffin, Ian Gould
|Toss won by: Zimbabwe, elected to bat first
| Scorecard Summary
|Zimbabwe’s Innings: 194 all out (49.2 Overs, RR: 3.93)
|Batting: Hamilton Masakadza 59 off 75 balls, PJ Moor 50 off 86 balls, TK MUsakanda 24 off 34 balls.
|Bowling: Usman Khan 4/36 in 10 overs, Hasan Ali 3/32 in 8.2 overs, Shoaib Malik 1/14 in 3 overs, Mohammad Amir 0/33 in 9 overs.
|Target: 195 runs from 50 overs.
|Pakistan’s Innings: 195/1 (36 Overs, RR: 5.41)
|Batting: Imam-ul-Haq 44 off 51 balls, Fakhar Zaman 117* off 129 balls, Babar Azam 29* off 36 balls.
|Bowling: DT Tiripano 0/33 in 7 overs ,B Muzarbani 0/28 in 7 overs.
|Result: Pakistan won by 9 wickets
|Man of the Match: Fakhar Zaman
|Highlights & Analysis
|Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe: 1st Innings
- Zimbabwe chose to change things a little, as Masakadza chose to bat rather than bowl first in this 2nd ODI of the 5 match series.
- The Zimbabwe openers, Chibhabha and Chari came out to bat. For Pakistan, Mohammad Amir and Usman Khan shared the new ball from both ends.
- A shaky start was witnessed by the two batsmen as Amir and Usman kept bowling with pace and power. Usman Khan provided the first breakthrough in his second over as he claimed the wicket of Chari.
- The pair looked solid for some time but could only add 15 runs to the total after which Usman Khan took the wicket of Chibhabha.
- At this point, Zimbabwe had lost 2 wickets and only scored 18 runs so far.
- Now, Musakanda joined Masakadza. Pakistan continued with Usman Khan who bowled six straight overs and was finally replaced by Hasan Ali. From the other end, Shadab was brought into the attack.
- The pair asserted pressure and finally it was Hasan Ali who broke this stubborn partnership of 52 runs by taking the wicket of Musakanda.
- PJ Moor joined Masakadza. The pair added some more runs to the total as Zimbabwe’s total went over a hundred runs and subsequently Masakadza reached his half century.
- Now, Shoaib Malik was introduced into the attack. The all-rounder struck in his first over to take the wicket of Masakadza Zimbabwe lost their 4th wicket.
- Murray joined Moor. Both batsmen stayed strong and added another 35 runs to the total.
- After which Hasan Ali shattered the stumps of Murray and claimed his 2nd wicket of the match.
- At this point, Zimbabwe had lost half of their wickets and only scored 140 runs with less than 13 overs left in the innings.
- Tiripano joined Moor. Now, Usman Khan replaced Hasan Ali as Pakistan looked to clean up the tail enders swiftly.
- The pacer struck twice in the 44th over and removed Tiripano and the new batsman, Roche to claim his 4th wicket.
- Hasan Ali and Mohammad Amir came back for the death overs. Masakadza got run out while Moor reached his well deserved half century.
- However, Moor departed in the very same over to Hasan Ali who claimed his 3rd wicket of the match.
- At this point, Zimbabwe were 9 wickets down with 192 runs on the board and only 2 overs were left in the innings.
- The last two batsmen targeted a total of 200 runs but, Muzarbani got run out in the last over as Zimbabwe finished on 194 runs in 50 overs.
Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe: 2nd Innings
- With 195 runs to win from 50 overs, Pakistani openers Fakhar Zaman and Imam-ul-Haq came out to bat.
- For Zimbabwe, Chatara and Muzarbani shared the ball from both ends.
- Zimbabwe aimed for some quick wickets but the opening pair stood strong and after 6 overs Pakistan had scored 30 runs for no wickets.
- Tirpano was introduced from the other end but the pair continued to pile on runs and after 10 overs, Pakistan had scored 54 runs for the loss of zero wickets.
- Now, the youngster Roche was introduced into the attack and Zimbabwe needed wickets to avoid another thumping defeat from the visitors.
- But the pair remained strong as Fakhar Zaman reached yet another half century; A brilliant effort.
- Pakistan soon reached a total of hundred runs as the target now went under a 100 runs.
- Zimbabwe constantly made changes to their bowling but were not getting enough wickets to topple the Pakistani openers.
- Now, Muzarbani was introduced into the attack and despite making a dive in the end, Imam-ul-Haq got run-out.
- Babar Azam joined Fakhar Zaman. At this point, Pakistan needed 75 runs from 29 overs with nine wickets in hand.
- And, Zimbabwe needed some consolatory wickets in order to avoid a humiliating defeat in this match(Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe).
- But, the batting pair shared another half century stand between them and Fakhar Zaman finally got to his century.
- No wickets fell after this point as Babar Azam and Fakhar Zaman helped Pakistan to win by 9 wickets.
Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe – 1st ODI: All-Round Pakistan Outclass Zimbabwe
This is the end of Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe, 2nd ODI. Join Allsportspk on 18th July, Monday for the 3rd ODI of Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe.
Sarfraz Ahmed (Capt.) (Wkt.)
H Masakadza (Capt.)
R Murray (Wkt.)
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk
error: Content is protected !!