||West Indies vs Bangladesh
| Match Basics
|3rd T20: West Indies Vs Bangladesh
|Date: 6th August, 2018
|Venue: Central Broward Regional Park Stadium Turf Ground, Lauderhill
|Umpires: Gregory Brathwaite, Nigel Duguid
|Toss won by: Bangladesh, elected to bat first
| Scorecard Summary
|Bangladesh Innings: 184/5 (20 Overs, RR: 9.2)
|Batting: Liton Das 61 off 32 balls, Tamim Iqbal 21 off 13 balls, Shakib Al Hasan 24 off 22 balls, Mahmudullah 32 off 20 balls, Ariful Haque 18 off 16 balls
|Bowling: Carlos Brathwaite 2/32 in 4 overs, Keemo Paul 2/26 in 3 overs, Kesrick Williams 1/32 in 4 overs
|Target: 185 from 20 overs.
|West Indies Innings: 135/7 (17.1 Overs, RR: 7.86)
|Batting: Andre Russell 47 off 21 balls, Dinesh Ramdin 21 off 18 balls, R Powell 23 off 20 balls, Chadwick Walton 19 off 19 balls.
|Bowling: Mustafizur Rahman 3/31 in 3.1 overs, Rubel Hossain 1/28 in 4 overs, Abu Hider 1/27 in 3 overs, Shakib Al Hasan 1/22 in 4 overs, Soumya Sarka 1/18 in 2.3 overs.
|Result: Bangladesh won by 18 runs (D/L method)
|Man of the Match: Liton Das
|Highlights & Analysis
|West Indies Vs Bangladesh: 1st Innings
- Having won one match each of this 3 match T20 series, West Indies and Bangladesh began their decisive match which would decide the winner of this series.
- Shakib Al Hasan went with their last match’s winning strategy as he chose to bat first after winning the toss.
- Bangladesh openers, Liton Das and Tamim Iqbal came out to bat. For West Indies, the new ball was shared by the spinners, Badree and Nurse.
- Surprisingly, no quick wickets were witnessed in the first overs as the pair began to amass runs at an impressive run rate.
- Tamim and Liton Das continued to hit boundaries and the fifty run partnership came up in only 4 overs.
- Now, the West Indies captain brought himself into the attack. And he struck straightaway as he took the wicket of the dangerous Tamim Iqbal.
- Soumya Sarkar joined Liton Das, but his lean batting form continued as he lost his wicket to Keemo Paul in the very next over.
- At this point, Bangladesh were 2 wickets down with 66 runs on the board and still more than 14 overs left in the innings.
- Mushfiqur Rahim joined Liton Das. The pair added another 31 runs to the total as Liton Das reached his first maiden half century in T20 cricket.
- Soon this partnership was broken by Carlos Brathwaite as Mushfiqur Rahim lost his wicket after scoring only 12 runs.
- Now, the Bangladesh captain, Shakib Al Hasan joined Liton Das. Bangladesh’s total crossed the 100 run mark but in the very same over Liton Das departed off Kesrick William’s bowling.
- At this point, Bangladesh were 4 wickets down with 102 runs on the board.
- Mahmudullah joined Shakib Al Hasan. The pair continued Bangladesh’s attacking momentum as another quick 44 runs were added to the total.
- However, Shakib could not hold on and lost his wicket to Keemo Paul.
- Now, with 5 overs left in the innings, Ariful Haque joined Mahmudullah. This is when rain stopped play for a brief amount of time.
- Post the rain break, play resumed and the two batsmen made full use of the dew factor as they notched up 38 runs from the last overs.
- Bangladesh finished on 184 runs, a slightly below par total, considering the dew factor and Windies strong batting line-up.
West Indies Vs Bangladesh: 2nd Innings
- With 185 runs required to win this match and claim the T20 series, Windies openers, Walton and Fletcher came out to bat.
- For Bangladesh, the new ball was shared between Abu Hider and Rubel Hossain from each end.
- A decent start was made the opening pair as they reached 20 runs in 3 overs.
- Now, Bangladesh’s strike bowler, Mustafizur Rahman was induced into the attack. And, he struck straightaway by claiming the wicket of Fletcher.
- Marlon Samuels joined Chadwick Walton. Nazmul Islam was introduced into the attack, however after injuring himself he was walked off the field and Soumya Sarkar was given the ball instead.
- The part time bowler struck in his very first over as Chadwick Walton lost his wicket.
- At this point, Windies were 2 wickets down for 30 runs with 15 overs left in the innings.
- Powell joined Marlon Samuels. But, this partnership also lasted one over, as Shakib Al Hasan struck in the last over of powerplay to claim the wicket of Samuels.
- Dinesh Ramdin joined Powell, with Windies needing 153 runs to win from 14 overs.
- The pair did not lose their wickets and added 45 runs to the total to put Windies back on track.
- This partnership was finally broken by Rubel Hossain who got the wicket of Ramdin.
- Now, the dangerous Russell joined Powell and he started off straight away by hitting boundaries and putting pressure back on Bangladesh.
- Powell lost his wicket in the next over, as Brathwaite joined Russell who kept hitting boundaries and took simplified the equation to 64 from 24 balls.
- However, the 17th and 18th over proved to be the lucky ones for Bangladesh as first Brathwaite lost his wicket and then Russell got out in the very next over.
- This is when rain stopped play again.
- And unfortunately for Bangladesh, the rain did not stop as Bangladesh won the match by Duck-Lewis method with a margin of 18 runs.
West Indies Vs Bangladesh – 2nd T20: Bangladesh Clinch Last Over Win; Level The Series
West Indies Vs Bangladesh – 1st T20: Kesrick, Russell Power Windies To An Easy Win
West Indies Vs Bangladesh – 2nd ODI: Hetmyer’s Century, Holder’s Brilliance Levels The Series
West Indies Vs Bangladesh – 3rd ODI: Tamim, Mahmudullah Ensure A Series Win
This is the end of West Indies Vs Bangladesh T20 Series. For more cricketing updates keep visiting allsportspk.
CR Brathwaite (Capt.)
D Ramdin (Wkt.)
Mushfiqur Rahim (Wkt.)
Shakib Al Hasan (Capt.)
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk