||West Indies vs Bangladesh
| Match Basics
|1st ODI: West Indies Vs Bangladesh
|Date: 1st August, 2018
|Venue: Warner Park, Basseterre, St Kitts
|Umpires: Sundaram Ravi, Gregory Brathwaite
|Toss won by: West Indies, elected to field first
| Scorecard Summary
|Bangladesh Innings: 143/9 (20 Overs, RR: 7.15)
|Batting: Liton Das 24 off 21 balls, Shakib Al Hasan 19 off 10 balls, Mahmudullah 35 off 27 balls.
|Bowling: Ashley Nurse 2/6 in 1 over, Andre Russell 1/27 in 4 overs, Keemo Paul 2/24 in 4 overs, Kesrick Williams 4/28 in 4 overs.
|Target: 91 runs from 11 overs.
|West Indies Innings: 93/3 (9.1 Overs, RR: 10.14)
|Batting: Andre Russell 35* off 21 balls, Marlon Samuels 26 off 13 balls, R Powell 15* off 9 balls.
|Bowling: Mustafizur Rahman 2/18 in 2 overs, Rubel Hossain 1/13 in 2 overs
|Result: West Indies won by 7 wickets (with 11 balls remaining) (D/L method)
|Man of the Match: Andre Russell
|Highlights & Analysis
|West Indies Vs Bangladesh: 1st Innings
- The pitch appeared to be perfect for a slog fest. After winning the toss, the West Indies captain, Carlos Brathwaite trusted his side’s chasing capabilities and chose to field first.
- Bangladeshi openers, Tamim Iqbal and Liton Das came out to bat. The new ball was given to Ashley Nurse.
- A dream start was provided by Nurse as Tamim Iqbal lost his wicket on the very first ball of the match.
- Soumya Sarkar joined Liton Das. And, two balls later, Soumya Sarkar’s stumps were shattered by Ashley Nurse who got his 2nd wicket in his 1st over.
- The ever reliable Bangladesh captain, Shakib Al Hasan joined Liton Das. The pair did not get under pressure of the two early wickets and took Bangladesh to 41 runs in 5 overs.
- A change in bowling was made from Windies as Keemo Paul was inducted into the attack.
- This move did wonders as Liton Das and Shakib Al Hasan departed in two consecutive balls. Now, after 6 overs, Bangladesh were 4 wickets down with 43 runs on the board.
- Mahmuduallah and Mushfiqur Rahim were now present on the crease. Another solid partnership was seen between the pair as 47 runs were added in the next 3-4 overs.
- Now, Kesrick Williams was introduced into the attack. Once again, this change in bowling sparked a wicket, as this time the dangerous Mushfiqur Rahim departed.
- Ariful Haque joined Mahmudullah. The pair added 26 runs to the total as Bangladesh reached 116 runs in 14 overs.
- Andre Russell was introduced back into the attack and on his very first ball he shattered the stumps of Ariful Haque.
- Mehidy Hasan Miraz joined Mahmudullah. The partnership lasted only one over as Kesrick Williams returned for his 3rd over and claimed the wicket of Mahmudullah.
- Nazmul Hasan joined Mehidy Hasan. And one over later, the dangerous Kesrick claimed both of the batsmen’s wickets as Bangladesh slumped to 139/9.
- With one over left, Rubel and Mustafizur aimed for a strong finish. However, Carlos Brathwaite’s excellent death bowling only allowed them to garner 4 runs, as Bangladesh finished on 143 runs in 20 overs.
West Indies Vs Bangladesh: 2nd Innings
- Rain delayed the start of the 2nd innings and the reduced target for West Indies was 91 from 11 overs.
- West Indies openers, Andre Fletcher and Evan Lewis came out to bat. For Bangladesh, Mehidy Hasan and Mustafizur bowled from each end.
- Bangladesh got off to a good start as Mustafizur Rahman claimed the wicket of Evan Lewis in the 2nd over.
- Fletcher also departed in the same over. And, now West Indies required 81 runs from 54 balls with Andre Russell and Samuels on the crease.
- The pair added a swift 42 runs to the total after which Rubel Hossain claimed the wicket of Marlon Samuels.
- Powell joined Andre Russell as Windies required 38 runs from 30 balls.
- No wickets fell after this point as Russell went berserk and scored 35 from 21 balls to win the match for West Indies.
West Indies Vs Bangladesh – 1st ODI: Tamim, Mashrafe Dismantle Windies
West Indies Vs Bangladesh – 2nd ODI: Hetmyer’s Century, Holder’s Brilliance Levels The Series
West Indies Vs Bangladesh – 3rd ODI: Tamim, Mahmudullah Ensure A Series Win
This is the end of West Indies Vs Bangladesh 1st T20. Join allsportspk on 5th August, for the 2nd T20 between West Indies Vs Bangladesh.
Mushfiqur Rahim (Wkt.)
Shakib Al Hasan (Capt.)
Mehidy Hasan Miraz
CR Brathwaite (Capt.)
D Ramdin (Wkt.)
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk