||West Indies vs Bangladesh
| Match Basics
|2nd T20: West Indies Vs Bangladesh
|Date: 5th August, 2018
|Venue: Central Broward Regional Park Stadium Turf Ground, Lauderhill
|Umpires: Joel Wilson, Leslie Reifer
|Toss won by: West Indies, elected to field first
| Scorecard Summary
|Bangladesh Innings: 171/5 (20 Overs, RR: 8.55)
|Batting: Tamim Iqbal 74 off 44 balls, Shakib Al Hasan 60 off 38 balls.
|Bowling: Keemo Paul 2/39 in 4 overs, Ashley Nurse 2/25 in 4 overs, Andre Russell 1/33 in 4 overs
|Target: 172 from 20 overs
|West Indies Innings: 159/9 (20 Overs, RR: 7.95)
|Batting: Andre Fletcher 43 off 38 balls, Andre Russell 17 off 10 balls, R Powell 43 off 34 balls, Ashley Nurse 16 off 8 balls
|Bowling: Mustafizur Rahman 3/50 in 4 overs, Rubel Hossain 1/35 in 4 overs, Shakib Al Hasan 2/19 in 4 overs, Nazmul Islam 3/28 in 4 overs
|Result: Bangladesh won by 12 runs
|Man of the Match: Tamim Iqbal
|Highlights & Analysis
|West Indies Vs Bangladesh: 1st Innings
- Having already lost the first T20 of this series, it was a decisive match for Bangladesh who needed to win in order to keep the series alive.
- Windies won the toss again, and the considering the flat surface with windy conditions, Carlos Brathwaite chose to field first.
- The Bangladesh openers, Liton Das and Tamim Iqbal came out to bat. For Windies, the new ball was given to the leg spinner Badree and off spinner, Nurse.
- After Badree upped the pressure in his first over, Nurse delivered a wicket of Liton Das in the 2nd over as Windies got a dream start.
- Mushfiqur Rahim joined Tamim Iqbal. The pair defied the spinners and added 17 more runs to the total.
- However, Nurse struck again, and this time the dangerous Mushfiqur Rahim departed.
- Soumya Sarkar joined Tamim Iqbal. At this point, West Indies were 2 wickets down with 24 runs on the board.
- The pair added another 19 runs to the total and in order to get a breakthrough, Keemo Paul was introduced into the attack.
- The pacer struck in his very first over as Soumya Sarkar lost his wicket after contributing only 14 runs.
- Now, the Bangladesh captain, Shakib Al Hasan joined Tamim Iqbal.
- The pair continued their understanding from the ODI series and shared yet another half century stand.
- Tamim Iqbal was dropped by Rovman Powell on 48 runs, and he made full use of it by reaching his half century in the next over.
- Post his fifty, Tamim went berserk and started dealing in boundaries. However, his stunning innings was ended by Andre Russell who claimed his wicket in his 3rd over.
- At this point, Bangladesh were 4 wickets down with 138 runs on the board.
- Mahmudullah joined Shakib Al Hasan who reached his first fifty since March 2016 in this format of the game.
- The pair took Bangladesh over 160 runs after which, Shakib Al Hasan finally lost his wicket to Keemo Paul in the last over.
- Bangladesh finished on a decent total of 171 runs in this decisive T20 match of the series.
West Indies Vs Bangladesh: 2nd Innings
- With 172 runs required to win this match and clinch the series, West Indies batsmen Andre Fletcher and Evan Lewis walked out to bat.
- For Bangladesh, Abu Hider and Mustafizur Rahman shared the new ball from each end.
- And, an early wicket fell as Mustafizur sent Evan Lewis packing in his very first over.
- The dangerous Andre Russell came to bat at number 3. Both Fletcher and Russell shared a quick 22 run partnership after which Mustafizur struck again to remove Russell.
- Marlon Samuels joined Fletcher and after two boundaries and scoring 10 runs, he fell to Shakib Al Hasan’s excellent off spin bowling.
- At this point, West Indies were 3 wickets down and still needed 124 runs from 15 overs.
- Now, Dinesh Ramdin joined Andre Fletcher. And after two overs, Ramdin lost his wicket to Rubel Hossain as Bangladesh began to tighten their grip on the match.
- Powell joined Fletcher. The pair put Windies on track by sharing the first 50 run partnership between them.
- However, after only 8 more runs, this partnership was broken by Nazmul Islam who claimed the wicket of Fletcher.
- The West Indian captain, Carlos Brathwaite joined Powell, but his stay was cut short by Shakib Al Hasan who claimed his wicket in his very next over.
- At this point, Windies needed 39 runs from 18 balls with Ashley Nurse and Powell on the crease.
- After an excellent over, it all came down to getting 31 runs from 12 balls and Powell lost his wicket to Mustafizur Rahman.
- Keemo Paul joined Nurse as tensions began to rise in the Windies dugout. The score was reduced by Nurse and Windies now required 15 off the last 6 balls.
- The spinner Nazmul Islam was given the ball by Shakib Al Hasan. And Nazmul delivered by taking two wickets and only conceding 2 runs, as Bangladesh won by 12 runs to level the series 1-1.
West Indies Vs Bangladesh – 1st T20: Kesrick, Russell Power Windies To An Easy Win
West Indies Vs Bangladesh – 2nd ODI: Hetmyer’s Century, Holder’s Brilliance Levels The Series
West Indies Vs Bangladesh – 3rd ODI: Tamim, Mahmudullah Ensure A Series Win
This is the end of West Indies Vs Bangladesh 2nd T20. Join allsportspk on 6th August, for the 3rd T20 between West Indies Vs Bangladesh.
Carlos Brathwaite (Capt.)
Dinesh Ramdin (Wkt.)
Mushfiqur Rahim (Wkt.)
Shakib Al Hasan (Capt.)
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk