India Vs England 1st ODI
||India Vs England
| Match Basics
|1st ODI: India Vs England
|Date: 12th July, 2018
|Venue: Trent Bridge, Nottingham
|Umpires: Ruchira Palliyaguruge, Tim Robinson
|Toss won by: India, elected to field first
| Scorecard Summary
|England’s Innings: 268 all out (49.5 Overs, RR: 5.37)
|Batting: Jason Roy 38 off 35 balls, Johnny Bairstow 38 off 35 balls, Ben Stokes 50 off 103 balls, Jos Buttler 53 off 51 balls, Moeen Ali 24 off 23 balls, Adil Rashid 22 off 16 balls.
|Bowling: Umesh Yadav 2/70 in 9.5 overs, Kuldeep Yadav 6/25 in 10 overs, YS Chahal 1/51 in 10 overs.
|India’s Innings: 269/2 (40.1 Overs, RR: 6.69)
|Batting: Rohit Sharma 137* off 114 balls, Shikhar Dhawan 40 off 27 balls, Virat Kohli 75 off 82 balls.
|Bowling: Adil Rashid 1/62 in 10 overs, Moeen Ali 1/60 in 8.1 overs.
|Result: India won by 8 wickets.
|Man of the Match: Kuldeep Yadav
|Highlights & Analysis
|India Vs England: 1st Innings
- Kohli chose to follow India’s winning pattern as he favored to field first after winning the toss.
- Jason Roy and Johnny Bairstow opened the English innings. The new ball was given to Umesh Yadav and Siddharth Kaul by the Indian captain, Kohli.
- Both batsmen got off to a flying start and the 50 run stand was up in 8 overs.
- India needed a breakthrough as Chahal and Pandya were induced into the attack.
- But, no wicket fell as the first wicket partnership went onto 71 runs.
- This is when Kohli brought on his trump card i.e. Kuldeep Yadav into the attack.
- And, the left arm chinaman did not disappoint as he claimed the huge wicket of Roy in his very first over.
- Joe Root joined Bairstow but in the very next over, Kuldeep pinned Joe Root lbw and England lost their 2nd wicket.
- The left arm spinner was not done yet as 3 balls later, Bairstow also departed in the same fashion as Root.
- Eoin Morgan and Ben Stokes were present on the crease. At this point, England were 3 wickets down with only 82 runs on the board.
- Both batsmen added 23 more runs to the total but Kohli’s persistence with spin paid off as Chahal claimed the wicket of the English captain, Morgan.
- Jos Buttler joined Ben Stokes. Both middle order batsmen added 93 runs to the total as Buttler reached yet another half century.
- But, this partnership was also broken by none other than Kuldeep Yadav who claimed his 4th wicket of the match.
- Moeen Ali joined Stokes. The pair added 16 runs to the total as Stokes reached his slowest half century ever.
- This stand was broken by Kuldeep who returned for his last over to dismiss Stokes.
- Willey joined Ali but he got out in the very same over as the left arm chinaman finished with figures of 6/25.
- With only 5 overs to go, Adil Rashid joined Moeen Ali. Ali played a useful cameo but could not take England above 250 as he departed off Umesh Yadav’s bowling.
- Plunkett joined Rashid. Both batsmen took England over 250 after which Umesh Yadav claimed the wicket of Rashid and Plunkett got run out.
- In 50 overs England could only manage to score 268 runs and were outbowled by India.
India Vs England: 2nd Innings
- With only 269 runs to win this match(India Vs England), the Indian openers, Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan opened the innings.
- Mark Wood and David Willey were given the first overs by Eoin Morgan.
- A blazing start was made by the openers and in particular, Dhawan who raced India to 37 runs in 5 overs.
- This forced Morgan to bring Moeen Ali, quite early into the attack.
- The pair shared the first 50 run partnership of the innings as England searched for a wicket.
- Moeen Ali finally delivered with the ball by taking Dhawan’s wicket as England got their first breakthrough.
- Virat Kohli joined Rohit Sharma. The pair began to add runs from both ends with Rohit Sharma being the accelerator and Kohli supporting him from the other end.
- Sharma reached his half century from 54 balls followed by Kohli who reached there in 55 balls.
- At this point, India only needed 111 runs from more than 25 overs to win this match(India Vs England).
- Rohit Sharma continued to score and reached yet another century in England; A sensational knock.
- Kohli was also on his way to reach the three figures but he departed off Rashid’s bowling as England got the consolatory wicket of Kohli.
- KL Rahul joined Rohit Sharma. Both batsmen blasted the remaining runs as India took the lead in this ODI series between India Vs England.
Join Allsportspk on 14th July, Saturday for the 2nd ODI of India Vs England.
MS Dhoni (Wkt.)
V Kohli (Capt.)
EJG Morgan (Capt.)
JC Buttler (Wkt.)
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk
error: Content is protected !!