India Vs England 1st Test
||India Vs England
| Match Basics
|1st Test – Day 3: India Vs England
|Date: 3rd August 2018
|Venue: Edgbaston, Birmingham
|Umpires: Aleem Dar, Chris Gaffaney
|Toss won by: England, elected to bat first
| Scorecard Summary
|England’s 2nd Innings: 180 all out (53 overs, RR:3.39)
|Performers (Day 3):
|Batting: Sam Curran 63 off 65 balls, Johnny Bairstow 28 off 40 balls, Dawid Malan 20 off 64 balls.
|Bowling: Ishant Sharma 5/51 in 13 overs, Umesh Yadav 2/20 in 7 overs, R Ashwin 3/59 in 21 overs.
|India’s 2nd Innings: 110/5 (36 Overs, RR: 3.05)
|Performers (Day 3):
|Batting: Virat Kohli 43* off 76 balls, Dinesh Karthik 18* off 44 balls.
|Bowling: Stuart Broad 2/29 in 9 overs, Jimmy Anderson 1/33 in 11 overs, Sam Curran 1/17 in 5 overs.
|Highlights & Analysis
|India Vs England: England’s 2nd Innings
- With a lead of 22 runs and 9 wickets in hand, Joe Root and Kyle Jennings walked out to bat. For India, the ball was shared between Ashwin and Mohammed Shami from each end.
- This partnership did not last long as Kyle Jennings failed once again and India’s lead spinner, Ashwin got his second wicket of the innings.
- Dawid Malan joined Joe Root. The pair began to add some crucial runs as their partnership was now worth 23.
- Kohli, however continued with Shami and Ashwin from both ends and this strategy worked as in short time, Ashwin got the big scalp of Joe Root.
- Johnny Bairstow joined Dawid Malan. Bairstow took the aggressive approach, while Malan continued to rotate the strike and runs were now adding to England’s total.
- This sparked a change in bowling as Ishant Sharma was brought into the attack.
- Ashwin and Sharma continued from each end as Ishant finally got the wicket of Malan.
- After this 31 run stand ended, Ben Stokes joined Johnny Bairstow. And three overs later a super over was bowled by Ishant Sharma as both Bairstow and Stokes got out in a single over.
- Lunch was called on Day 3 of this test(India vs England). At this point, England were 6 wickets down for 86 runs and an imminent collapse was nearby.
- Post lunch, play resumed as Jos Buttler and Sam Curran came out to bat. Ishant Sharma continued to bowl his tight lengths and struck immediately after lunch; this time taking the wicket of Jos Buttler.
- Now, Adil Rashid joined Sam Curran. The pair added 38 runs without losing their wicket and Kohli brought Ashwin and Yadav from each end into the attack to get a breakthrough.
- This partnership went for another 48 runs after which Umesh Yadav shattered the stumps of Umesh Yadav to get his first wicket of the innings.
- Stuart Broad joined Sam Curran. The pair added some runs as Sam Curran reached a superb half century off 54 balls.
- This partnership also went into the 40s, however Ishant Sharma claimed the wicket of Broad and complete his 5 wicket haul.
- With England now 9 wickets down for 176 runs, Jimmy Anderson joined Sam Curran.
- The young Curran took his score into the 60s however, he departed in the same over to Umesh Yadav as England folded on 180 runs.
India Vs England: India’s 2nd Innings
- With 194 runs to win the first test (India vs England), Indian openers, Murali Vijay and Shikhar Dhawan walked out to bat.
- For England, the new ball was shared between Jimmy Anderson and Stuart Broad from each end.
- Despite a shaky start, the pair added 16 runs to the total, however in the very next over, Broad struck as Vijay was given lbw.
- KL Rahul joined Shikhar Dhawan. This partnership lasted only one over as Broad struck again in the next over to remove Dhawan.
- With this match (India vs England), evenly poised, Kohli joined Rahul with India needing 172 runs to win with 8 wickets in hand.
- The pair added 22 runs as Root brought both Curran and Stokes into the attack from each end.
- Both bowlers remained consistent with their line and lengths and finally after getting beaten several times at off stump, Rahul gifted his wicket to Stokes.
- Rahane joined Kohli as India needed 148 runs with 7 wickets in hand.
- The pair survived the next two overs and drinks were called on Day 3 of this test match.
- Post drinks the pair took their partnership to 17 runs after which Rahane departed off Curran’s bowling.
- Ashwin joined Kohli and after adding a swift 13 off 15 balls, the off spinner departed off Anderson’s bowling and India lost their 5th wicket.
- Now, Karthik joined Kohli. The pair added another 32 runs to the total and despite several changes by Root, the batsmen remained strong.
- And, India finished on 110/5 with only 84 runs required on Day 4 of this test.
India Vs England – 1st Test Day 2: Kohli’s Century Revives India
India Vs England Test Series 2018: Players Who Could Make An Impact
This is the end of India Vs England 1st Test, Day 3. Join Allsportspk tomorrow for the 4th day of India Vs England 1st test match.
KD Karthik (Wkt.)
V Kohli (Capt.)
JE Root (Capt.)
JM Bairstow (Wkt.)
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk
error: Content is protected !!