|India Vs England: England’s 1st Innings
- England began the day with one wicket in hand and 285 runs on the board. The tail enders, Sam Curran and Jimmy Anderson came out to bat.
- For India, Ashwin was given the first over by Kohli.
- The English aimed a target of 300, however after adding only 2 runs to the total Curran departed in the very next over to Shami, as England folded on 287 runs.
India Vs England: India’s 1st Innings
- Trailing by 287 runs, the Indian openers, Murali Vijay and Shikhar Dhawan came out to bat. For England, the new ball was shared between Jimmy Anderson and Stuart Broad.
- A nervous start was seen by the Indian openers, however runs were still flowing on a consistent basis.
- 40 runs came off in the first 8 overs, and this forced a change from captain Root as he brought on the young Sam Curran into the attack.
- The fifty run stand soon came up, however, Curran who looked threatening in his first over, pinned Vijay lbw in his 2nd over.
- KL Rahul joined Shikhar Dhawan. However, after only one ball, Rahul departed off Curran’s bowling.
- And, suddenly after a solid start, India were 54/2, overs before lunch.
- Now, Virat Kohli joined Shikhar Dhawan. Curran continued to bowl and in his very next over, Dhawan also departed to the young pacer, as India lost their 3rd wicket.
- Rahane joined Kohli. Anderson and Curran continued to bowl in pairs, but no wicket fell until Adil Rashid was introduced, one over before lunch.
- The tactic did not work for Root, as lunch was called on Day 2 of this test(India vs England). At this point, India were 3 wickets down for 76 runs.
- Play resumed after lunch as Stokes and Rashid were introduced from each end.
- Despite some great chances, England could not restrict the pair as 41 runs were added, as India’s total reached a hundred runs.
- However, in the same over, Stokes claimed the wicket of Rahane to break this vital partnership.
- The Indian wicket keeper, Dinesh Karthik joined Kohli. But, Stokes continued to bowl full and got his reward in the very next over by claiming the wicket of Karthik.
- The allrounder, Hardik Pandya joined Virat Kohli. The Indian captain got two lives as his catches were dropped by Dawid Malan twice.
- The pair continued to score as drinks were called on Day 2 of this test match.
- Post drinks, the pair extended their partnership to 48 runs, but the fifty run stand was denied by Curran who claimed the wicket of Hardik Pandya.
- Ashwin joined Kohli as the captain reached his well deserved half century and no wickets fell as tea was called on day 2 of this test.
- Post tea, Anderson was introduced back into the attack, with Curran bowling from the other end.
- After 2 overs, another wicket fell as Ashwin departed, having scored only 10 runs.
- Mohammad Shami joined Virat Kohli. The pair could only add 13 more runs, as Anderson struck again and Shami departed.
- At this point, India had lost 8 wickets and were trailing by 105 runs.
- Ishant Sharma joined Virat Kohli. The pair added 35 runs to the total after which this stand was broken by Adil Rashid who pinned Ishant Sharma lbw.
- With Kohli on 97 runs, Umesh Yadav walked out to bat.
- It took only one more over for the Indian captain to reach his century, his first in England.
- Post the century, Kohli added a brisk 49 and steered India to 274 runs after which he lost his wicket on 149 runs.
- India were all out on 274 runs and England had secured a minor lead of 13 runs.
India Vs England: England’s 2nd Innings
- With 13 runs in the lead, English openers, Alastair Cook and Kyle Jennings walked out to bat.
- For India, Mohammad Shami and Ashwin shared the new ball from each end.
- In the last over before the day’s end, Ashwin struck as Alastair Cook got out for a duck.
- England finished their day with a lead of 22 runs with 9 wickets in hand.
India Vs England Test Series 2018: Players Who Could Make An Impact
This is the end of India Vs England 1st Test, Day 2. Join Allsportspk tomorrow for the 3rd day of India Vs England 1st test match.