This article was published at the start of 5th PSL which was left incomplete as all global sports events due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The fifth edition of the PSL – Pakistan Super League will engulf Pakistan and the Cricket World from 20th February. To keep our viewers geared up, Allsportspk presents the selective records that were set during the first four seasons of the PSL categorically: Team and Individual, Batting, Bowling and Fielding records.
Team Records & Individual Records
- The highest total in a single innings was by Islamabad United against Lahore Qalandars in the 2019 edition. It scored 238/3 in 20 overs.
- In the 2019 edition again, Lahore Qalandars recorded the lowest score of PSL’s history against Peshawar Zalmi. Lahore’s innings got crumbled for a measly score of 59 runs.
- The highest win margin has been that of Quetta Gladiators against Karachi Kings in the 2018 edition. Karachi got a target of 181 runs and it got collapsed for just 113 runs, making it a victory margin of 67 runs
- Kamran Akmal has played the most matches as a player, having played 47 matches in total.
- Sarfaraz Ahmed has played a total of 43 matches as a captain, which is the greatest number of matches as a captain.
- Aleem Dar has the honour of umpiring the greatest number of matches. He has umpired 43 times.
- The current high scorer of the PSL is Kamran Akmal of Peshawar Zalmi, who has scored a total of 1286 runs in 47 matches he has played.
- The players with the most half centuries are Kamran Akmal, Babar Azam and Ahmed Shehzad having nine fifties each.
- Most sixes are again hit by Kamran Akmal as well. He has hit a total of 67 sixes during his PSL career.
- The record of hitting the most sixes in an over is jointly held by:
- Umar Akmal against Quetta Gladiators in 2016
- Sharjeel Khan against Peshawar Zalmi in 2016
- Kevin Pietersen against Lahore Qalandars in 2017
- Kamran against Karachi Kings in 2018
- Colin Ingram against Quetta Gladiators in 2019
- The highest run partnership has been between Babar Azam and Liam Livingstone of 157 runs against Multan Sultans in 2019.
- Kamran Akmal is the only batsman to score more than one 100+ scores in the history of PSL. The other batsman to score PSL hundreds are:
- Sharjeel Khan scored 117 against Islamabad United in 2016
- Colin Ingram scored 127* against Quetta Gladiators in 2019
- Cameron Delport scored 117* against Lahore Qalandars in 2019
- Wahab Riaz of Peshawar Zalmi has taken the greatest number of wickets in the four-year history of PSL. He has taken a total of 65 wickets in the 45 matches he has played.
- The best bowling figures are of Ravi Bopara of Karachi Kings, who took 6 wickets for 16 runs against Lahore Qalandars back in 2016.
- The most 4 wickets in an innings are that of Hassan Ali. Hassan has taken a four-wicket haul thrice.
- There have been six occasions where a bowler has taken 5(+) wicket hauls in an innings in PSL. These six occasions were:
- Umar Gul 6/24 in 2016
- Ravi Bopara 6/16 in 2016
- Shaheen Shah Afridi 5/4 in 2018
- Faheem Ashraf 6/19 in 2019
- Shahid Afridi 5/7 in 2018
- Mohammad Sami 5/8 in 2017
- The best economy rate in an innings have been of Mohammad Nawaz’s against Lahore Qalandars in 2018 where he just conceded 4 runs in 4 overs with an economy of 1.0 run per over.
- Most runs conceded in an innings by a bowler has been Shaheen Shah Afridi of Lahore Qalandars, where he conceded 62 runs in 4 overs.
- Kamran Akmal has the record of dismissing the most batsmen behind the stumps. He has dismissed a total of 39 batsmen throughout his PSL career which involves 30 caught behinds and 8 stumpings.
- The greatest number of catches has been taken by Kieron Pollard. He has taken a total of 24 catches.
- The greatest number of catches taken in a single innings’ record is held by three players who took 4 catches in an innings each. These players are:
- Babar Azam against Islamabad United in 2019
- Ravi Bopara against Peshawar Zalmi in 2017
- Kieron Pollard against Islamabad United in 2017
These are some of the records from the past four-year editions of PSL. Let’s see how many last during the 5th edition 2020.
For more sports updates, keep following Allsportspk