IPL Match Highlights
IPL 2018 is finally coming to an end as this is the first qualifier match of this season. CSK and SRH both finished on top of the table and so whoever wins this qualifier will cement his spot in the final.
The match wise highlights of the 1st and 2nd innings are appended down below.
IPL Match Highlights
Qualifier 1: Sunrisers Hyderabad Vs Chennai Super Kings
Sunrisers Hyderabad 1st innings total: 139/7 (20 Overs, RR: 6.95)
- Batting:Kane Williamson 24 off 15 balls, Carlos Brathwaite 43 off 29 balls, Yusuf Pathan 24 off 29 balls.
- Bowling: Darren Bravo 2/25 in 4 overs, Lungi Ngidi 1/20 in 4 overs, Ravindra Jadeja 1/13 in 4 overs, DL Chahar 1/31 in 4 overs.
Target: 140 runs from 20 overs.
Chennai Super Kings 2nd innings total: 140/8 (19.1 Overs, RR: 7.3)
- Batting:Faf du Plessis 67 off 42 balls, Suresh Raina 22 off 13 balls.
- Bowling:Rashid Khan 2/11 in 4 overs, S Kaul 2/32 in 4 overs, B Kumar 1/14 in 3.1 overs.
Result: Super Kings won by 2 wickets (with 5 balls remaining)
Man of the Match: Faf du Plessis
IPL Match Highlights:
- It was the match between this IPL’s best bowling attack vs the strongest batting attack i.e. SRH Vs CSK.
- Both teams had finished at the top of the IPL points table and were now hoping to win this match and cruise straight into the finals.
- With the match being held at Wankhede it was always going to favour the bowlers and this is where CSK won the toss and chose to field first.
- SRH openers Dhawan and Goswami came in to bat hoping to provide their team with a flying start.
- However, Dhawan who had been in great form holed out on the very first ball of the innings, as Chahar shattered his stumps and CSK got the first wicket of the match.
- Now, Goswami was joined by Kane Williamson who had been one of the leading run-getters in this IPL.
- Both batsmen shared a strong 34-run partnership but it was Lungi Ngidi who came back into the attack and took out Goswami in the 4th over and SRH were now 2 down for 34 runs.
- More worries were added on SRH when they lost their captain in the very next over as Thakur forced Kane Williamson to edge out to Dhoni.
- Manish Pandey and Shakib Al Hasan now looked to steady SRH’s innings but were unable to do so as Jadeja and Bravo took out both of these batsmen inside 5 overs.
- All the pressure and responsibility now fell on Yusuf Pathan’s and Carlos Braithwaite’s shoulders and they responded well as they added valuable runs to SRH’s innings.
- Even after Yusuf got out Carlos Brathwaite remained till the end of the 1st innings as he scored 43 runs off 29 balls to take SRH to 139 runs in 20 overs.
- CSK now needed 140 runs to win this match and cement their place in the finals. Their openers Watson and Faf du Plessis came out to bat and Bhuneshwar Kumar was given the new ball,
- Watson had been in good form all season, however he was no match to Bhuneshwar Kumar’s excellent line and length as he departed in the first over.
- Raina came to the crease and looked quite aggressive but his 13-ball cameo came to an end as Kaul uprooted his stumps followed by Rayudu who received a golden duck by Kaul.
- After these wickets, no batsman other than Faf du Plessis was able to hold his ground as SRH began to dismantle CSK’s batting line-up.
- In the end it all came down to getting 43 off 18 balls.
- And with Thakur and Faf du Plessis on the crease things became much easier as both batsmen remained not out and steered CSK into the finals.
Only 3 more matches remain in IPL 2018. Here is the schedule of all of them along with the dates on which they will be played on.
23rd May 2018 – Eliminator
Kolkata Knight Riders Vs Rajasthan Royals
25th May 2018 – Qualifier 2
To be decided
27th May 2018 – Final
To be decided
Here is the journey of all 8 teams in the points table as they qualified for the play-offs.
|1. Sunrisers Hyderabad||14||9||5||18||+0.284|
|2. Chennai Super Kings||13||8||5||18||+0.253|
|3. Kolkata Knight Riders||14||8||6||16||-0.070|
|4. Rajasthan Royals||14||7||7||14||-0.250|
|5. Mumbai Indians||14||6||8||12||+0.317|
|6. Royal Challengers Bangalore||14||6||8||12||+0.129|
|7. Kings XI Punjab||14||6||8||12||+0.129|
|8. Delhi Daredevils||13||4||9||8||-0.288|
For more IPL match highlights keep visiting Allsportspk
For video highlights visit this link.
For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk