72nd Punjab Games 2019 – Table Tennis, Kick Boxing & Athletics Events Held
LAHORE: The 72nd edition of Punjab Games got under way at various venues of the city.
It may be noted here that Sports Board Punjab (SBP) is organising 72nd edition of Punjab Games with the collaboration of Punjab Olympic Association from April 3 to 6, 2019.
The Table Tennis competitions were held at Nishtar Park Sports Complex, Gymnasium Hall. In the Table Tennis team event the results were as follows:
- Lahore Division outplayed Sargodha by 3-0 margin.
- Faisalabad team managed to beat Rawalpindi by a narrow margin of 3-2 after tough contest.
- Gujranwala division emerged winner against DG Khan by 3-1.
- Multan division and Sahiwal division thrashed Bahawalpur and Gujranwala by identical margin of 3 – 0 respectively.
The fights of Kick-boxing were organised at kick-boxing ring adjacent to Punjab Stadium. The outcome was:
- Danish Anjum of Sahiwal defeated Siraj Ali of Rawalpindi in 51kg category fight.
- Bilawal Hussain of Gujranwala emerged winner against Shahid Ali of Sargodha in another fight of 51kg category.
The Athletics competitions of special persons were held at Punjab Stadium.
- Azhar Ali of Faisalabad won the 100m PD one arm boys event with the time of 19.10
- Naeem Masih of Lahore and Liaqat Ali of Sahiwal remained second and third in this competition.
Following are the results of other Athletics categories:
- 100m Girls (V.I): Kiran Rafiq (R.pindi), Attiya (Srgda), Huma Ashraf (Lhr).
- 100m Girls (H.I): Sana Batool (R.pindi), Memoona (Lhr), Javeria (Fsbd).
- 100m Boys (M.C): Sultan (Gujrwla), Anas Muawia (Lhr), A Saboor (Fsbd).
- 100m Boys (H.I): Rasheed Ali (Fsbd), M Ahmad (R.pindi), M Janshed (Srgda).
For more updates keep visitnig allsportspk