FA Community Shield: Highlights – Sergio Aguero’s Double Strike Wins It For City
FA Community Shield is a yearly football competition played between the title holders of the Premier League and FA Cup.
This year’s FA Community Shield match was played between Manchester City, winners of Premier League 2017-18 and Chelsea, winners of FA Cup 2017-18. The highlights of the match are appended below:
Match: Chelsea Vs Manchester City
Result: 0 – 2
- Manchester City: Sergio Aguero 13′, 58′
|Chelsea||Team Stats||Manchester City|
|2||Shots On Target||9|
- Sergio Aguero proved to be more than enough for Manchester City, as the Premier League winners scored an easy victory over ‘The Blues’.
- In the 1st half of the match, an early lead was given by Sergio Aguero as the City striker became the first player for his club to score 200 goals.
Sergio Kun Aguero for club and Country:
200 Goals for Manchester City 🔵
101 Goals for Atletico Madrid 🔴
38 Goals for Argentina 🇦🇷
23 Goals for Independiente ❤️️
He has scored 362 goals for club and country over his career. pic.twitter.com/Z0jBzMcQsJ
— City Chief ️ (@City_Chief) August 5, 2018
- In reply, Chelsea appeared to be dominant for some time with the ball possession, however they could not equalize as the first half came to an end.
- Play resumed after the break, and 13 minutes into the second half, the man of the moment, Sergio Aguero stepped up again as he converted an assist from Silva to net his second goal.
Sergio Aguero scored two goals as Premier League champions Manchester City beat FA Cup holders Chelsea 2-0 at Wembley to win the #CommunityShield.
— Mowliid Haji Abdi (@MowliidHaji) August 5, 2018
- The scoreboard now read 2-0, as Chelsea desperately searched for an opening.
- But, their poor form and inability to equal, much less surpass Manchester City’s total shots at the goal, resulted in a loss.
FT: Chelsea 0-2 Manchester City (Agüero 13′, 58′)
City win the Community Shield for the fifth time in their history (1937, 1968, 1972, 2012, 2018)! pic.twitter.com/MCkgNVZ8VN
— City Watch (@City_Watch) August 5, 2018
Chelsea fans chanting ANTONIO at Wembley.
Completely and utterly disgusting, fans like these do not love this club and do not deserve this new manager. Most reactionary fans of all time.
— Mod (@CFCMod) August 5, 2018
I didn’t watch the game, but Chelsea won’t be measuring themselves against City for quite some time. A top-four finish while imposing his style would be success for Sarri this season #cfc
— Liam Twomey (@liam_twomey) August 5, 2018
So happy with the result of the community shield game between @ChelseaFC and @ManCity well deserved. Best team ever. A team that keeps on giving. FA cup champions, Premier league champions and now community shield champions. #cfcvcity
— Jade Keens (@Jade4NewYork) August 5, 2018
Manchester City has won the Community Shield Cup.
Sergio Aguero scored both goals as Premier League champions Manchester City beat FA Cup holders Chelsea 2-0 at Wembley to win the Community Shield.#ccfmsports pic.twitter.com/KYA7jP6HJV
— COAL CITY FM (@coalcity929fm) August 5, 2018
🇪🇸 l Pep Guardiola no comando do Manchester City:
🏆 Copa da Liga Inglesa 2017/18
❌ FA Cup 2017/18
🏆 Premier League 2017/18
❌ UEFA Champions League
🏆 Supercopa Inglesa 2018 pic.twitter.com/cDywJ2JBw1
— Guia do Futebol (@OGuiadoFutebol) August 5, 2018
Chelsea 0 – 2 Man City #sarri #Guardiola #liverpool #epl #CommunityShield #facup #PremierLeague #chelsea #PepGuardiola #ManchesterCity #manchester #england #football #fussball #sport #soccer #MaurizioSarri #DoctorStrange #saitama #onepunchman #marvel #Avengers pic.twitter.com/scT6nFCwcD
— Huynh Huong Vinh (@VinhSuperGrean) August 5, 2018
For more football updates keep visiting allsportpsk