Football – Coppa Italia: Atlanta Knocks Out Juventus With A Humiliating Defeat
- Massimiliano Allegri was sent from the touchline as Juventus’ strength of the Coppa Italia was finished by Atalanta.
- Juventus’ expectations of a fifth progressive domestic double were stifled after they were thumped out of the Coppa Italia by Atalanta in a 3-0 quarter-last thrashing that denoted their first domestic loss of the period and saw Massimiliano Allegri sent off.
- The Bianconeri went into Wednesday’s tie in Bergamo on the back of an incredibly unconvincing execution in a 2-1 Serie A success over Lazio that sent them 11 points clear at the best.
After four straight Coppa Italia Titles, Juventus have been eliminated by Atalanta thanks to two goals from Duván Zapata. pic.twitter.com/Pd83Mq4FY5
— FOX Soccer (@FOXSoccer) January 30, 2019
- What’s more, they were disappointing again at the Stadio Atleti Azzurri d’Italia as they were fixed by an Atalanta side that is the most productive in Serie A, having scored 47 goals.
- Gian Piero Gasperini’s men overwhelmed from the start and Timothy Castagne’s 37th-minute strike and Duvan Zapata’s nineteenth goal of the period sufficiently demonstrated to set up a semi-last with Fiorentina, with the disappointment that fuelled Allegri’s rejection after the second goal expanded late on when a guarded stir up enabled Zapata to twofold his count as their strength of the challenge finished.
- Atalanta will have been floated by their blending rebound against Roma on Sunday and Alejandro Gomez constrained Wojciech Szczesny to turn behind with a fine exertion from fresh.
Atalanta 3-0 Juventus
Duvan Zapata has 17 goals in his last 10 games ? pic.twitter.com/X3K8WAxh7T
— B/R Football (@brfootball) January 30, 2019
- The hosts saw Josip Ilicic constrained off through damage while Juve were managed a huge blow when Giorgio Chiellini motioned to the seat that he couldn’t proceed.
- It was his substitution, Joao Cancelo, one of the saints of Juve’s fightback at Lazio at the end of the week, who was to blame for the opener. Cancelo was seized by Castagne, who at that point flooded towards the edge of the crate and twisted an exertion past Szczesny and into the base right corner.
0 – #Juventus have not attempted a single shot on target in the first half for 2 games in a row for the first time since March 2018 (vs Lazio and Tottenham). Numb. #AtalantaJuve
— OptaPaolo (@OptaPaolo) January 30, 2019
- Also, after 125 seconds Szczesny was beaten again in shocking style as the in-frame Zapata turned and terminated a wild exertion inside the Poland global’s close post, with an irate Allegri sent from the burrow in the fallout after a trade with the fourth official.
- Juve enhanced after the interim and Daniele Rugani skimmed the woodwork with a header however they offered little from there on and a horrendous mistake by Mattia De Sciglio enabled Zapata to round Szczesny for his second as Allegri observed hopelessly on from the stands.
For more updates keep visiting allsportspk