International Squash Tournament 2019: 2nd Round Day
ISLAMABAD: The 2nd round matches of the Serena Hotels-Huawei International Squash Tournament for Men were played today – 07 April 19. In a major upset of the tournament World No 122 Mr Amaad Fareed from Pakistan defeated World No 71 and No 3 seed of the tournament Mr. Shehab Essam from Egypt in a set of 04 games in 43 minutes.
Detailed results of 2nd round matches are appended below:-
- Karim Ali Fathi (EGY) bt Yannik Omlor (GER) 11-0, 11-5, 11-4 (21 Min);
- Asim Khan (PAK) bt Sean Conroy (IRL) 11-7, 13-11, 11-4 (36 Min);
- Ammar Altamimi (KUW) bt Ahmad Hosny (EGY) 11-6, 7-11, 11-5, 11-7 (35 Min);
- Farhan Mehboob (PAK) bt Syed Ali Mujtaba Bukhari (PAK) 11-5, 11-5, 11-8 (28 Min);
- Amaad Fareed (PAK) bt Shehab Essam (EGY) 4-11, 12-10, 11-8, 11-7 (43 Min);
- Carlos Cornes Ribadas (ESP) bt Joeri Hapers (BEL) 11-8, 11-4, 11-1 (32 Min);
- Mohamed ElShirbini (EGY) bt Chi Him Wong (HKG) 11-5, 11-9, 9-11, 11-2 (51 Min);
- Tayyab Aslam (PAK) bt Omar Elkattan (EGY) 11-9, 11-8, 13-11 (33 Min).
Four Pakistani players – Asim Khan, Farhan Mehboob, Amaad Fareed and Tayyab Aslam, have entered into the Quarter-Finals of the tournament which will be played on 08 April, 2019.
The event being played at Mushaf Squash Complex, Islamabad from 06 – 10 April, carries a prize money of US$ 20,000. Apart from 11 Pakistani players, a group of 13 international players from Belgium, Egypt, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Kuwait, South Africa, Spain and Zimbabwe are participating. The main sponsors are Serena Hotels and Huawei.
For more updates keep visiting allsportspk