Italian Serie A ’18-19 – Highlights: Cristiano Ronaldo Scores 20th Goal With Juventus
Sassuolo vs Juventus – Match Report:
- Sassuolo were left to lament squandered chances, as clinical Juventus scored 3 goals with Sami Khedira, Cristiano Ronaldo and Emre Can.
- This outcome enables them to go 11 points clear of Napoli at the highest point of the table.
- Paulo Dybala was again dropped, while Giorgio Chiellini, Leonardo Bonucci, Douglas Costa and Juan Cuadrado were injured , with Andrea Barzagli back in the squad after a long lay-off. The Neroverdi had Alfred Duncan suspended, Marlon harmed and Francesco Magnani not completely fit.
— Sami Khedira (@SamiKhedira) February 10, 2019
- Inside 65 seconds, the hosts had nearly scored on a great counter-assault, Stefano Sensi terminating simply wide. Minutes after the fact, Daniele Rugani was gotten under pressure on a poor Miralem Pjanic back-pass and Filip Djuricic dashed into the 18-yard-box, with Wojciech Szczesny timing his interference consummately to push the ball off his foot. A VAR review affirmed the goalkeeper got it spot-on to spare his team an awful beginning.
Cristiano Ronaldo for Juventus this season:
31 Games ?
20 Goals ⚽
10 Assists ?️
– 18 Serie A goals, Serie A top scorer.
– Second most assist provider in the league.
– First player in the history to score in 9 consecutive Serie a Away games.
— Suspended. 🙁 (@fahadpriv) February 10, 2019
- Szczesny again traveled to palm a Manuel Locatelli scorcher out of the right corner, as Juve essentially weren’t in the match.
- In any case, the Bianconeri led the pack against the keep running of play with their first genuine shot. Cristiano Ronaldo’s incredible depiction stung Andrea Consigli’s gloves and Sami Khedira turned in the bounce back.
- A tremendous Domenico Berardi volley from 25 meters out flew right over the bar, yet that goal deflated after an incredible beginning.
247 – Cristiano Ronaldo ?
201 – Xavi
142 – Iniesta
One of them is the Most Underrated Playmaker In History! pic.twitter.com/VwAKIeoagp
— SM¹³ (@SMFutboI) February 10, 2019
- On the stroke of half-time, it was very nearly 2-0, as Consigli parried a Federico Bernardeschi screamer and as the move proceeded with Khedira’s looking header whistled inches wide.
- Rugani killed his header from a Mattia De Sciglio cross, while Cristiano Ronaldo had the ball in the net from a tight point subsequent to going around Consigli, yet was hardly offside on the Bernardeschi through ball.
Cristiano Ronaldo has now reached double digits in both goals and assists for Juventus.
— 20 Goals
— 10 Assists
He is 34 years old ⚡️ pic.twitter.com/dsazPhuvrt
— Robin (@RobinFutboI) February 10, 2019
- Sassuolo should’ve been level on 54 minutes when Szczesny was gotten in a dead zone as he surged out to scrape a long ball, yet Berardi terminated wide of the open goal.
- Mandzukic’s cross flashed over the six-yard box with neither Khedira nor Bernardeschi ready to get the completion, while De Sciglio’s calculated drive whistled inches wide on a Mandzukic pass.
Cristiano Ronaldo. 18 goals and 7 assists in Serie A…..most goals in Serie A and 2nd highest assists in Serie A but……I thought he would struggle? ???
— DON THOTIO?? #KhediraVattene #AllegriVattene (@DonThotio) February 10, 2019
- Cristiano Ronaldo got his eighteenth Serie A goal of the period from a Pjanic corner, as he began his run far back and astounded Consigli with the header. CR7 celebrated by devoting it to Dybala on the touchline with his ‘cover’ motion.
- Emre Can was substituted into the match and scored with his first touch, as Juve closed a rugby-style move from directly to left with Ronaldo’s assist for the substitute’s left-foot calculated drive at the back post.
Juventus are on their longest unbeaten league run since 2016 ? pic.twitter.com/ajGKuEcFBQ
— B/R Football (@brfootball) February 10, 2019
For more updates keep visiting allsportspk