Italian Serie A ’18-19 – Highlights: Empoli Make A Sensational Comeback
This are the last two matches of Serie A, Match Day 6 of 38. The highlights are appended below the points table.
For Complete team rankings, click here
Serie A – Match 9 of 10: SPAL vs Sassuolo
Result: 0 – 2
- Sassuolo: Claud Adjapong 59′, Alessandro Matri 90′
- Sassuolo finished SPAL’s ideal home record this season and flooded into 3rd place because of a Claud Adjapong tap-in and Alessandro Matri counter.
- The champ of this match would go into third place in the Serie A table, making them the two shock outfits of the season up until now. The Neroverdi patched up with ex-Chelsea winger Jeremie Boga getting his first beginning and Kevin-Prince Boateng rested, while the hosts stuck to a great extent with the side that beat Atalanta.
All inter top 4 rivals have matches vs each other(If you count sassuolo) . Must bear cagliari to take advantage. Hoping for Roma derby draw and napoli win. Then a.c. to beat sassuolo.
— CovInterPittGB (@covinterpittgb) September 27, 2018
- The Spallini had won their past four Serie A home matches and a 5th would coordinate their record-breaking club record set in 1968.
- SPAL had an immense shot on 19 minutes, as Lorenzo Simic thumped down a Mirko Valdifiori corner for Dias Felipe at the back post, constraining a gigantic Andrea Consigli spare from point-clear range.
- Boga’s styler from the edge of the region was beaten away by Alfred Gomis at full stretch and Khouma Babacar bored wide, yet Claude Adjapong squandered a brilliant chance by losing the pass when Babacar was sure about goal.
— footballitalia (@footballitalia) September 27, 2018
- SPAL emerged ready to take care of business for the second half, as first Consigli fingertipped an Andrea Petagna counter-assault over the bar, at that point on the subsequent corner Simic’s strike took a redirection, yet was hailed offside.
- Rather, Sassuolo led the pack on the hour check. Babacar turned his marker and saw the calculated drive parried, with Adjapong jumping on the bounce back as Felipe attempted to clear.
- It should have been 2 after 0 minutes when Ferrari’s through ball sent Babacar clear, yet he scraped it wide of the close post.
Credit to De Zerbi and Sassuolo’s depth up front as they rested Berardi and Prince and they still scored 2 to win the game. The symbol of that depth is Matri who came off the bench and scored a goal. Prior to this game, Spal hadn’t conceded a goal at home in @SerieA #SpalSassuolo
— Pablito (@ilcano22) September 27, 2018
- Jasmin Kurtic went off in tears after an unbalanced fall on to one side arm and Sassuolo thought they had scored another on 82 minutes, yet Babacar was hailed offside on Pol Lirola’s assist.
- Alberto Paloschi fell off the seat and nearly scored with his first touch, looking the volley wide of the far post, at that point Andrea Petagna’s exertion was run after.
- This left spaces at the back and substitute Alessandro Matri relatively capitalized on them, his toe-jab complete the process of bobbing off the upright.
Matri hits the post for the 2nd time, but the ball jumps into the net this time! Sassuolo secured the win. 0-2 #spalsassuolo
— empinism? (@mykesma) September 27, 2018
- Minutes after the fact, Matri hit precisely the same again from a tight edge subsequent to running on to a Djuricic slide-administer pass, yet this time it ricocheted back in instead of out to double Sassuolo’s lead.
- Djuricic should have completed off a fine execution with his very own goal, yet settled on the awful choice to chip Gomis and it was obvious targets for the goalkeeper.
Serie A – Match 10 of 10: Empoli vs Milan
Result: 1 – 1
- Empoli: Caputo 71′ (P)
- Milan: Capezzi 10′ (OG)
- Lucas Biglia gave Milan the half-time lead at the Stadio Castellani, however Empoli hit the woodwork and Pietro Terracciano made critical recoveries.
- The Rossoneri expected to get back on track after late stalemates with Cagliari and Atalanta, yet missed Gonzalo Higuain because of a solid issue.
- With Patrick Cutrone still not completely fit after a sprained lower leg on international campaign, Fabio Borini was the main genuine choice as centre forward, a job he was never again acclimated with.
Unbelievable that a team with Gatusso as manager lacks so much motivation to push for a win against a team the fucking size of Empoli… embarassing oh my god
— KessieQueNo?? (@KessieQueNo) September 27, 2018
- Diego Laxalt got his first Serie A beginning for Milan at left-back. The hosts had Miha Zajc suspended, so Hamid Junior Traore ventured in, with Manuel Pasqual, Afriyie Acquah and Luca Antonelli harmed.
- Empoli had never beaten Milan at home in Serie A, losing half of their 12 gatherings.
- It took 10 minutes to break the halt, as Laxalt’s cross was just cleared to the edge of the crate by Rade Krunic, where Lucas Biglia crushed a brutal left-foot strike into the near right corner.
Fed up of this Milan team. I think i would need a break and resume when we have a real coach. Not someone who cannot win a team like empoli etc and expect to be in CL next season. Guys, you have been paid well to do a better Job so make us proud.
— BƦ€€z¥ (@JB_Breezy24) September 27, 2018
- It would been the Argentine’s 3nd Milan goal after SPAL last season, however the Lega Serie A acknowledged it as a Leonardo Capezzi claim goal because of the diversion.
- Gianluigi Donnarumma needed to dash well off his line and stood out a foot to deny Antonino La Gumina one-on-one, having been sent clear by Krunic.
- Ciccio Caputo went considerably nearer, his left-foot volley on a cross-field Ismael Bennacer pass pounding the close post from short proximity.
Are we always gonna complain how unlucky we are or acc do something about it.We’re winless in last 3 games against Cagliari,Atalanta and Empoli.Grow the fuck up man,look at Inter,I don’t care if they arguably keep getting lucky with late wins,theyre a building a winning mentality
— #CaldaraNonSiTocca (@PacyPato) September 27, 2018
- It was end to end stuff, as Pietro Terracciano made a double spare on Jack Bonaventura’s low drive, at that point promptly got back up to palm away the Franck Kessie development. On the subsequent corner, Terracciano again denied the Bonaventura header.
- The Empoli goalkeeper got down rapidly to palm a Suso depiction round the post from 15 yards.
A team like @acmilan that can not defend properly against teams like Empoli and the other low rated teams can never win the league.
— Sunny Ukoh™ (@SunnyUkoh) September 27, 2018
Visit allsportspk tommorow for the first matches of Match Day 7 of 38, Serie A 2018-19.