|Date: 2nd April, 2018|
|Venue: National Stadium, Karachi|
|Umpires: Shozab Raza, Ahmed Shahab|
|Toss won by: West Indies, elected to bat first.|
|Pakistan’s 1st Innings: 205/3 (20 Overs, RR: 10.25)|
|Batting: Babar Azam 97 off 58 balls, Hussain Talat 63 off 41 balls.
|Bowling: Odeian Smith 1/40 in 4 overs.|
|West Indies 2nd Innings: 123 all out (19.2 Overs, RR: 6.36)|
|Bowling: Mohammad Amir 3/22 in 4 overs, Hussain Talat 2/12 in 1.2 overs, Shadab Khan 2/23 in 4 overs.|
Result: Pakistan won by 82 runs
Man of the Match: Babar Azam
|Highlights & Analysis|
1. After losing the first T20 match by a huge margin West Indies looked to find some solace as they wanted a win to level this three match series. Pakistan on the other hand, were very confident that they can demolish this weak looking West Indies side in no time.
2. Pakistan won the toss and chose to bat. Fakhar Zaman looked for a similar start as he did in the previous match but he nicked out to Ramdin as Emrit got a good start for West Indies.
3. But it was all downhill from there on for West Indies as Babar Azam and Hussain Talat shared a 119-run stand to defy the West Indian bowlers from getting a wicket.
4. Hussain Talat reached his maiden half-century but he was soon removed by Smith. Asif Ali joined Babar but he failed to make his mark again as he got out to Williams.
5. Babar and Shoaib took Pakistan to the end as they helped their team to the highest T20 total of 205 runs.
6. West Indies now required 206 runs to win this match; A feat which seemed very unlikely considering the pace attack they were about to face.
7. The West Indian inning started and apart from Chadwick Walton no other batsman showed intent of winning the match as West Indies collapsed for a total of 123.
8. Mohammad Amir’s three, Shadab’s and Talat’s two wickets were the highlights of Pakistan’s bowling as they dominated West Indies once again to go 2-0 up in this series.
9. The third and final match is scheduled for tomorrow and Pakistan are clear favourites to clean sweep West Indies and claim the trophy.
Sarfraz Ahmed (c) †
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk|