The Horlicks 19th Inter School Scrabble Championship came to a conclusion at the BVS Parsi School, Karachi on Sunday with a staggering 1780 players taking part making it the largest scrabble tournament in the world.
It also turned out to be the largest tournament of any individual sport in the history of Pakistan.
A feature of this year’s championship was that players from all four provinces in Pakistan participated; something not seen at school level tournaments.
Another remarkable feature of the championship was that the organizing team comprised of young scrabble players who were the same age level as the participants and have represented Pakistan at international level.
Once again Happy Home School and BVS Parsi school once again dominated the games winning a number of trophies.
Division – F
1. S. Hammad Hamid, Happy Home School
2. Umna Saad, Jaffer Public School
3. Aish Salahuddin, BVS Parsi School
Division – G
1. Abdullah Ayub, Army Public School, Badin
2. Ahmed Atta, Amma Foundation School
3. Muhammad Azain, Arts & Science Academy
Division – H
1. Ali Wasif, BVS Parsi School
2. Mustafa Aslam, BVS Parsi School
3. M. Shabaz Murtaza, Karachi Grammar School
Division – I
1. Suleman Mohiuddin, Happy Home School
2. Hamza Babar, Happy Home School
3. Muhammad Asad Anwar, The City School
Division – J
1. Ali Raza Pabany, IBA
2. Arif Hussain, BUITEMS, Quetta
3. S. Shahmir Shahzar, Beaconhouse School System