2018 Davis Cup: Draw announced for Play-offs
According to a press release, the Draw for the 2018 Davis Cup by BNP Paribas World Group play-offs was held at the ITF headquarters in London. The World Group play-offs will take place on 14–16 September alongside the World Group semifinals.
The winning nations in the World Group play-offs will qualify for the 2019 World Group, while the losing nations will compete in their respective Zone Group I events in 2019.
In the World Group semifinals, France will be at home to Spain and Croatia will be at home to USA.
Seeds for the draw were based on the latest ITF Davis Cup Nations Ranking of 9 April.
The draw is as follows:
2018 World Group play-offs (14–16 September)
- Argentina (s) (c) v Colombia
- Great Britain (s) (c) (*) v Uzbekistan
- Austria (c) v Australia (s)
- Switzerland (s) (c) v Sweden
- Serbia (s) (c) v India
- Canada (s) (c) v Netherlands
- Hungary (c) v Czech Republic (s)
- Japan (s) (c) (*) v Bosnia/Herzegovina
(s) denotes seeded nation
(c) denotes choice of ground
(*) denotes choice of ground determined by lot
For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk