World Archery released the initial results of the 2021 Indoor Archery World Series. More than 5000 archers had registered for the second online stage of the 2021 Indoor Archery World Series. More than 3400 submitted results which were accepted for the initial results list – although changes may be made for up to two weeks.
The third remote stage of the 2021 Indoor Archery World Series will take place on 15th-17 January 2021.
Dave Cousins, who is the 1999 World Archery Champion, scored 100% perfect with 600 out of a possible 600 points of the 2021 Indoor Archery World Series. This was during the second remote stage held during 18th to 20th December 2020.
In 2015, Mike Schloesser was the first archer to have shot a perfect 60-arrow 18-metre round in Nimes.
2nd Stage – Performance Highlights
- – Reigning Women Indoor Archery World Series Champion from Korea – Wi Nayeon shot 596 to lead all recurve women. This score is one point better than the current world best, which is of her fellow countrywomen Ryoo Su Jung at 595.
- – Erik Jonsson and Lina Bjorklund the Swedish couple recorded rounds of 577 and 554 points, respectively.
- – Jonsson’s 577, besides being an astonishing total to hit with a barebow, is 11 up on the current men’s world record,
Scoring for the second stage of the 2021 Indoor Archery World Series was split into three geographical areas: the Americas, Europe/Africa and Asia/Oceania. Here are the top scorers in each region.
- Recurve men: Brady Ellison, USA – 598 (top score)
- Recurve women: Aida Roman, Mexico – 588
- Compound men: Dave Cousins, USA – 600 (top score)
- Compound women: Linda Ochoa-Anderson, USA – 588
- Barebow men: Grayson Partlowe, USA – 573
- Barebow women: Christina Lyons, USA – 529
- Recurve men: Steve Wijler, Netherlands – 594
- Recurve women: Tatiana Andreoli, Italy – 592
- Compound men: Mike Schloesser, Netherlands – 599
- Compound women: Bayley Sargeant, Great Britain – 595 (top score)
- Barebow men: Erik Jonsson, Sweden – 577 (top score)
- Barebow women: Lina Bjorklund, Sweden – 554 (top score)