Hamza Amin one of the top Pakistan professional golfer won the Austria National Open 2018.
Austrian National Open was started in 1974 and is regarded as one of the prestigious Golf tournaments of Europe. According to the tournament protocol, the winner’s name is engraved on the trophy which for any Golf player is a big honour. Also as Bernd Wiesberger who is a 4 time European tour winner has won Austria Open event in 2006.
According to information from Pakistan Golf Federation official – Mr. Ali Haider:
- Hamza scores were 68 69 65 71.
- Coming down the stretch in the last 9 holes there was a lot of pressure because Hamza Amin doubled 11 while Maximilian Steinlechner who is Austria Number 1 birdied and cut his lead to only one shot.
- On 14 Hamza made a 75 foot putt for an eagle to take a two shot lead. Both birdied 16 so Hamza was now 2 up with 2 holes to play.
- Maximilian birdied 17th hole and now Hamza Amin was one up with one to play.
- On 18 with the crowd all over the place, Hamza got stuck in the deep rough on the left and had to hit a 183 yard approach over water to an island green which he did and two putted to secure the win
- Member of Eisenhower Trophy for Pakistan in 2008, 2010.
- Member of Nomura Cup team for Pakistan in 2009.
- The Asian Tour in 2014.
- The OneAsia Tour in 2015.
- China Tour in 2018.
For updates regularly visit allsportspk