Asia Cup 2018: Incredible Afghanistan Decimate Bangladesh
After putting a stunning performance with the bat, Afghan bowlers ripped through Bangladesh’s batsmen, as Afghanistan won the match by 136 runs.
Afghanistan Innings: 255/7 (50 Overs, RR: 5.1)
Bangladesh Innings: 119 (42.1 Overs, RR: 2.82)
Result: Afghanistan won by 136 runs
Afghanistan win by 136 runs!
That is an absolute thumping, and an exquisite team bowling performance, with six bowlers taking a wicket and no one claiming more than two.#BANvAFG SCORE ➡️ https://t.co/lrwXpuwMMb#AsiaCup2018 pic.twitter.com/qEe7Xqbb6Y
— ICC (@ICC) September 20, 2018
- Birthday kid Rashid Khan delivered a glimmering all-round show, as he scored 57* runs and also took 2 wickets for 13 runs to help Afghanistan top Group B, with a 136-run prevail upon Bangladesh in the Asia Cup 2018.
- Pursuing a decent total of 256, Bangladesh were bowled out after managing only 119 runs in 42.1 overs, as Afghanistan cruised into the Super Four phase of the Asia Cup 2018.
- Mujeeb Ur Rahman gave his team an early leap forward, as he claimed the wicket of Nazmul Hossain, in the 4th over of the Bangladeshi innings. Liton Das also fell cheaply as Aftab Alam caught him LBW in the following over, whom even the DRS could not spare.
- Following the epic failures of the openers, Shakib Al Hasan and Mominul Haque attempted to save Bangladesh’s sinking ship, by putting on a good partership for the 4th wicket.
what a victory such a proud moment for #Afghanistan ,our Blue tigers the Afghan National cricket team once again bring smile on face of afghan people by historic huge win over Sri Lanka . Congratulations👏 pic.twitter.com/bNvCs7UwrU
— Rana رڼا (@RanaLudinA) September 17, 2018
- However, the pressure proved to be too heavy for Bangladesh, as Afghanistan continued to bowl economical overs as the required rate crawled up at a steep rate.
- The sprouting partnership, between Shakib and Mominul, was at long last finished by Gulbadin Naib, as he disposed of Mominul for 9 runs.
- The new batsman, Mohammad Mithun was stuck to this same pattern as he was castled by Naib without disturbing the scoreboard.
- For a short period, Shakib and Mahmudullah kept the Afghans under control, however everything changed, when Rashid was brought into the assault and he disposed of Shakib for 32 runs.
Incredible to see the progress the #Afghanistan cricket team is continuing to make in the #AsiaCup18. Our relations may be complex, but I speak for many Pakistanis when I say we feel exceptionally happy when our Pashtun and Afghan brothers do well.
زه تاسو ته ډېر مبارک ویم pic.twitter.com/U7Wtt5zOVD
— Taimur Saleem Khan Jhagra (@jhagra) September 20, 2018
- Mahmudullah turned into Rashid’s second scalp of the day as he missed the line of the ball, which collided with his off-stump.
- Rashid was not finished contributing with simply the bat and the ball as he affected a splendid direct hit to dispose of Abu Hider for 1 run. Mujeeb picked the last wicket of the day as Afghanistan finished a reverberating win over Bangladesh.
For more updates keep visiting allsportspk