Author: Syed Nayyar Uddin Ahmad
We can beat India only by out of box thinking, ruthless positive approach and aggressive intents, with no place for orthodox or emotional thinking.
- Sarfraz Ahmad must open with left handed Fakhar Zaman.
- We must attack in all the three departments of batting, bowling and fielding.
- We must utilise Ahmad Shahzad as substitute fielder at all times.
- We must brain wash our fielders that run outs are created; rather than waiting for the opponent batsmen to make mistakes. As such, our fielders should pounce upon and try to run out Indian batsmen on slightest chance of a run out, without any fear of over throws. Hence, all fielders should consider themselves as a member of the bowling unit.
- We must play first 10 overs with a positive mind and in a very aggressive manner, with 100 runs target in mind.
- We must not allow run rate to come down due to the fall of wickets, which will, in any case fall, during the innings.
- Singles are as important as boundaries. Hence, minimise DOT balls.
- Indian bowler BUMRAH is an expert in Yorkers. We must practice hard for playing Yorkers.
- For playing the moving ball, watch the ball till the last moment.
- Keep maximum overs of Amir reserved for bowling at Kohli, who is very uncomfortable playing his bowling, particularly Amir’s over pitch balls.
- For first 10 overs keep one fielder posted at extra cover or mid off position, on the boundary line.
- We must try to get the Indians all out by placement of aggressive and smart fielding and in this regard, we should not be afraid of sacrificing few runs for the bigger cause of getting Indian batsmen out.
- Our fast bowlers must, repeat must, bowl maximum Yorkers, as Junaid Khan splendidly did against the South African batsmen.
- At the Oval ground the pitch will be 100% perfect for batting, with no help for leg spin wrist bowling. Hence, inclusion of Fahim Ashraf over the leg spinner, should be the logical choice. Otherwise also never forget that the Indians are masters of milking the spinners.
- Our selection of team should be on the best formula of horses for courses; rather than going on the adage of don’t change the winning combination.
- The batting order may be shuffled as following, from the squad of 15.
– Sarfaraz Ahmad
– Fakhar Zaman
– Babar Azam
– Muhammad Hafeez
– Shoaib Malik
– Fahim Ashraf
– Imad Wasim
– Muhammad Amir
– Hasan Ali
– Ruman Raes
– Junaid Khan
– Ahmad Shahzad
– Shadab Khan
– Haris Suhail
– Azhar Ali
For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk