Cricket – India Vs West Indies 1st Test Day 2: Centuries, Wickets Highlight India’s Dominance
- Virat Kohli turned into the principal India batsman to breeze through 1,000 runs in 3 sequential years by hitting 139 runs in India’s 1st innings, as the hosts mercilessly ruled West Indies on day two of the primary Test.
- The 29-year-old Indian captain scored his his 24th Test century, which was also his 4th this year.
Is Prithvi Shaw the new Sachin Tendulkar?
We looked at stats, numerology and astrology to find some proof https://t.co/FRjBUOoBMB #TheNextSachin? #INDvWI
(Not recommended for anyone grounded in reality) pic.twitter.com/U6qVzDsEIR
— ESPNcricinfo (@ESPNcricinfo) October 4, 2018
- Meanwhile, the man-in-form, All-rounder Ravindra Jadeja hit his maiden Test century, and remained unbeaten throughout the innings. Also, Rishabh Pant missed out on his century by 8 runs, as he finished on 92 runs, to take India to 649-9 at tea in Rajkot.
- India declared and Windies could not replicate India’s strong batting display, as they crumpled to 94-6, and are now trailing by 555 runs.
As @PrithviShaw achieves yet another milestone with a maiden test century on debut, here are memorable photos from his early days sweating out as a kid at home in Virar, #Mumbai. @IndianExpress @ExpressImages https://t.co/HyUp6ilqbC pic.twitter.com/zzBZLi8Sgd
— Neeraj Priyadarshi (@neerajexpress) October 4, 2018
- Quick bowler Mohammed Shami claimed the wickets of both Windies openers.
- Shai Hope’s stumps were rattled by off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin, before Shimron Hetmyer was run out in an absurd fashion.
- Left-arm spinner, Jadeja had Ambris gotten at first slip and left-arm wrist-spinner Kuldeep Yadav thumped over Shane Dowrich’s stumps to leave the hosts engaging to maintain a strategic distance from an innings defeat in the principal match of the 2-Test away series.
What a great start in test cricket from young prithvi shaw really impressed to see his talent & hunger to score runs but @ will ..wow carry on young man good luck ..
— Shoaib Akhtar (@shoaib100mph) October 4, 2018
For more updates about India Vs West Indies 1st test keep visiting allsportspk