Cricket – South Africa Vs Zimbabwe 2nd T20: Dominant Performance Results In A Series Win
||South Africa Vs Zimbabwe 2nd T20
| Match Basics
|2nd T20: Zimbabwe vs South Africa
|Date: 12th October 2018
|Venue: Senwes Park, Potchefstroom
|Umpires: Allahudien Paleker, Shaun George
|Toss won by: Zimbabwe, elected to bat first
| Scorecard Summary
|Zimbabwe 1st Innings: 132/7 (20 Overs, RR: 6.6)
|Batting: Hamilton Masakadza 21 off 16 balls, Brendan Taylor 29 off 35 balls, SC Williams 41 off 28 balls
|Bowling: Lungi Nigidi 2/36 in 4 overs, D Paterson 2/22 in 4 overs, R Frylinck 2/20 in 4 overs
|Target: 133 runs from 20 overs
|South Africa 2nd Innings: 135/4 (15.4 Overs, RR: 8.61)
|Batting: Quinton De Kock 26 off 23 balls, JP Duminy 33* off 26 balls, David Miller 19* off 13 balls
|Bowling: SC Williams 2/25 in 3 overs, B Mavuta 2/25 in 3 overs
|Man Of The Match: Dane Paterson
|Result: South Africa won by 6 wickets
|Highlights & Analysis
|South Africa Vs Zimbabwe: Zimbabwe 1st Innings
- After losing the first T20 in a dominant fashion, Zimbabwe hoped to set their record straight by winning this match.
- Meanwhile, South Africa aimed to win this match and also secure the series by 2-0, before heading into the 3rd T20 on 14th October.
- After winning the toss, the Zimbabwe captain, backed his team’s ability to bat and put a respectable total on the board.
- Hamilton Masakadza and Solomon Mire walked out to bat. For South Africa the new ball was shared between Lungi Ngidi and Paterson from their respective ends.
- After a decent first over, this opening stand was broken early as Paterson struck in his first over to claim the wicket of Solomon Mire.
- Brendan Taylor joined Hamilton Masakadza. The latter went berserk in the following overs, as he struck Lungi Ngidi for two sixes and one four.
- A change in bowling was made by the captain, and it worked brilliantly as Frylinck claimed the wicket of Masakadza after inducing pressure.
- Musakanda joined Brendan Taylor. Frylinck continued with his excellent lengths and broke this partnership in his very next over, by claiming the wicket of Musakanda.
- At this point, Zimbabwe were 3 wickets down with 35 runs on the scoreboard.
- Williams joined Taylor. The pair started playing cautiously, however the run-rate was still kept below 6 by the South African bowlers.
- This partnership survived for another 32 runs, after which Shamsi claimed his well-deserved wicket of Taylor.
- PJ Moor joined Williams. In an effort to aid the low run-rate, Williams struck a couple of boundaries of Shamsi, after which he departed off Paterson’s bowling in the next over.
- With less than 5 overs left in the innings, Chigumbura joined Moor. However, he departed in the very next over to Ngidi who continued with his excellent show of death bowling in this series.
- Chisoro joined Moor, and Ngidi struck in his following over to claim the wicket of Moor.
- From the last two overs, Chisoro and Mavuta could only manage 17 runs, as Zimbabwe finished on a total of 132 runs.
South Africa Vs Zimbabwe: South Africa 2nd Innings
- With 132 runs required in 20 overs, South African batsmen Quinton de Kock and Van der Dussen walked out to bat. For Zimbabwe, Jarvis and Mpofu shared the new ball from both ends.
- As expected, a solid start was made by the South African batsmen scoring 23 runs in the first 3 overs.
- The partnership was broken by Mpofu who claimed the wicket of der Dussen, in the first ball of this 2nd over.
- Faf du Plessis joined Quinton de Kock. The pair went into attacking mode and made Jarvis their target, as 20 runs came off the 6th over, and South Africa breached the 50-run mark.
- Mavuta came into the bowling attack, and struck straightaway by claiming the wicket of Quinton de Kock.
- Now, JP Duminy joined Faf du Plessis. The partnership lasted only over, as the hard-hitting Plessis was bowled by Williams.
- Henry Klaasen joined JP Duminy, with South Africa requiring 75 runs from less than 10 overs.
- The pair added a quick-fire 44 runs to the total, as South Africa’s total breached the 100-run mark. This match (South Africa Vs Zimbabwe) was now pretty much a one-sided affair.
- However, this partnership and Klaasen’s cameo came to an end, by Williams who claimed his 2nd wicket of the match.
- Now, with only 31 runs required from more than 7 overs left in the innings, David Miller joined JP Duminy.
- The two batsmen aimed to finish things off and successfully did so, as South Africa won the match by 6 wickets, and secured the series 2-0.
This is the end of South Africa Vs Zimbabwe 2nd T20. Join Allsportspk on 14th October for the 3rd and final T20 of South Africa Vs Zimbabwe T20 series.
|| South Africa
BRM Taylor (Wkt.)
H Masakadza (Capt.)
F du Plessis (Capt.)
HE van der Dussen
Q de Kock (Wkt.)
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk
error: Content is protected !!