Davis Cup World Group I and World Group II: Draws; Play-offs
The draws for the 2020 Davis Cup World Group I and World Group II Play-offs were held at the ITF offices in London.
The play-off ties will be played at the same time as the 2020 Davis Cup by Rakuten Qualifiers, on 6-7 March, meaning a total of 36 Davis Cup ties will be played in 36 cities around the world that weekend.
The ITF has introduced a global format for Davis Cup Group I and Group II in 2020 enabling more nations to compete on a worldwide basis and against opponents they have not faced under the previous regional structure of the competition.
The draws were:
World Group I Play-offs (Losing nations from 2019 Group I ties v Winning nations from 2019 Group II ties)
- Ukraine (c) (*) v Chinese Taipei
- Loser of Pakistan/India (c) (*) v Slovenia
- Bolivia (c) v Dominican Republic
- Turkey (c) v Israel
- Bosnia and Herzegovina (c) (*) v South Africa
- Mexico (c) (*) v Finland
- Lebanon (c) v Thailand
- Venezuela (c) (*) v New Zealand
- Peru (c) (*) v Switzerland
- Norway (c) (*) v Barbados
- Lithuania (c) v Portugal
- Romania (c) (*) v China, P.R.
World Group II Play-offs (Losing nations from 2019 Group II ties v Advancing nations from 2019 Group III events)
- Latvia (c) v Egypt
- Paraguay (c) (*) v Sri Lanka
- Morocco (c) (*) v Vietnam
- Indonesia (c) (*) v Kenya
- Guatemala (c) (*) v Tunisia
- Costa Rica (c) (*) v Bulgaria
- Poland (c) (*) v Hong Kong, China
- Syria (c) (*) v Zimbabwe
- Philippines (c) (*) v Greece
- Denmark (c) (*) v Puerto Rico
- El Salvador (c) (*) v Jamaica
- Georgia (c) (*) v Estonia
(c) denotes choice of ground (*) denotes choice of ground determined by lot
For more updates keep visiting allsportspk