FMC International Men Squash Championship ’18: Expected Results In First Round
LAHORE: All the four Hong Kong players and three Pakistanis won their round one matches of the FMC International Men Squash Championship 2018 played here at the Punjab Squash Complex on Monday.
From Pakistan, the match winners were Amaad Fareed, Syed Ali Mujtaba Shah Bukhari and Israr Ahmad, who defeated their respective opponents in the first round and qualified for the next round. Pakistan’s Amaad Fareed beat compatriot Zeeshan Khan, Syed Ali Mujtaba Shah Bukhari defeated fellow countryman Zahir Shah and Israr Ahmad of Pakistan also routed compatriot Abdul Malik Khan.
Those Pakistani players, who played against international players, lost their matches. Pakistan’s Muhammad Farhan was thrashed by Hong Kong’s TSZ Kwan Lau in just 20 minutes, wildcard entrant Haris Qasim of Pakistan was outclassed by Hong Kong’s Chi Him Wong in just 28 minutes and another Pakistani Khawaja Adil Maqbool was beaten by Hong Kong’s Tang Ming Hong.
In other matches, Henry Leung of Hong Kong played a marathon 80-minute match against Malaysia’s Addeen Idrakie and defeated him after a tough battle. England’s Robert Downer also took 60 minutes to down his German opponent Yannik Omlor.
The foreign players, while talking to media after playing their first round matches mentioned that they were very glad to come and play in Lahore. They consider the environment especially the people very loving, caring and squash-loving. The players commended and were impressed with the very warm hospitality and respect.
Commenting on the Pakistani players, they consider them in good shape, due to which they expect tough competition.
On Tuesday, the second round matches will be played at the Punjab Squash Complex and winners will qualify for the quarterfinals.
Results of Round 01 Matches – International Men Squash Championship:
- Amaad Fareed (PAK) beat Zeeshan Khan (PAK) score 11/9,11/6,7/11,9/11,11/8 (50 mins).
- TSZ Kwan Lau (HKG) beat Muhammad Farhan (PAK) score 11/4,11/7,11/7 (20 mins).
- Robert Downer (ENG) beat Yannik Omlor (GER) score 11/9,11/4,5/11,7/11,11/4 (60 mins).
- Syed Ali Mujtaba Shah Bukhari (PAK) beat Zahir Shah (PAK) score 9/11,11/6,3/11,11/1,11/8 (44 mins).
- Henry Leung (HKG) beat Addeen Idrakie (MAS) score 11/9,9/11,12/10,9/11,11/7 (80 mins).
- Israr Ahmad (PAK) beat Abdul Malik Khan (PAK) score 14/12,11/5,11/6 (24 mins).
- Chi Him Wong (HKG) beat W/C Haris Qasim (PAK) score 11/7,11/3,11/4 (28 mins).
- Tang Ming Hong (HKG) beat Khawaja Adil Maqbool (PAK) score 12/10,11/5,11/1,11/3 (18 mins).
For more updates keep visiting allsportspk