Football – AFC Asian Cup Final: Stunning Bicycle Kick From Qatar’s Almoez Ali Disrupts Japan
- Qatar were delegated Asian Cup champions out of the blue in the wake of overcoming Japan 3-1 at the Zayed Sports City Stadium on Friday.
- Almoez Ali impacted the world forever as Qatar triumphed against Japan to guarantee their first Asian Cup title with a 3-1 last win on Friday.
- Competition top-scorer Ali took his count to a record-breaking nine goals with a great overhead kick before Abdelaziz Hatim then nestled into splendid second before half-time.
The 2019 Asian Cup final certainly lived up to expectations ???
See all the goals ? pic.twitter.com/PsxNR96trC
— Goal (@goal) February 1, 2019
- Japan ruled belonging after the break yet set aside their opportunity to produce a reaction, with Qatar – who had kept six clean sheets on the way to the final – at long last yielding when Takumi Minamino scored in the 69th moment.
- Felix Sanchez’s men would not be denied, however, and Akram Hassan Afif rebuffed Maya Yoshida’s handball with a coolly taken penalty to secure the 2022 World Cup hosts’ lady triumph.
- Ali took only 12 minutes to illuminate the last, controlling Afif’s cross with his back to goal to tee himself up for a ludicrous volley.
Wow! Had no idea Qatar won the Asian cup. What an achievement! Akram Afif assisted two and scored the third in the final. Had three assists against UAE in the SFs as well. Unbelievable contributions! #asiancup2019.
— Mohamed H Bulhan (@MO_Bulhan) February 1, 2019
- The forward nearly included a speedy second when he went through, Yoshida recuperating to make a urgent square, however another staggering strike pursued when Hatim found the net from 25 yards out.
- With Qatar’s barrier still yet to be broken, Japan had everything to do and nearly fell further behind when Hasan Al Haydos pounded against the outside of the post from a tight point.
#AsianCup winners by year:
Making moves before 2022. pic.twitter.com/9uv48Alx2f
— Squawka Football (@Squawka) February 1, 2019
- Hatim left behind a brilliant chance to seal triumph after the interim when he lashed over from short proximity, while evidently genuine damage to Boualem Khoukhi put a slight dampener on procedures, and Japan at that point belatedly got through.
- Minamino jumped on a free ball to gently lift a completion over Qatar goalkeeper Saad Al Sheeb.
- Be that as it may, the Samurai Blue’s rebound offer was stopped when Yoshida took care of at the opposite end and, after official Ravshan Irmatov counseled VAR, Afif changed over from the spot.
Xavi correctly predicted 7/8 quarter finalists, 3/4 semifinalists and both the finalists of the AFC Asian Cup 2019. He predicted a tournament win for Qatar. The final is currently on-going with Qatar leading 2-0. pic.twitter.com/bGumkhb2Rq
— La Senyera (@LaSenyera) February 1, 2019
For more updates keep visiting allsportspk