The main highlights of the Week 20 play of the La Liga, is as follows:
- The most watched game was between Real Madrid and Sevilla where Real Madrid continued their two-game winning streak and pipped Sevilla 2-1. Casemiro scored both the goals for Real Madrid
- FC Barcelona too pipped FC Granada 1-0 to stay top of the table. Granada were 10-men after German Sanchez Barahona was shown a red card. Barcelona’s goal scorer was the one and only GOAT-Lionel Messi.
- Getafe CF and Real Betis beat Leganes and Real Sociedad respectively 3-0.1-
- Athletic Bilbao drew 1-1 with Celta Vigo, so did Osasuna against Valladolid.
- The biggest upset of this week was where Eibar beat Atletico Madrid 2-0. Atletico lost points against a rather mediocre team, though they still retain their third spot.
- Valencia was too upset by Mallorca 1-4 and it continues to fall down the table. Mallorca won this important contest to save themselves from relegation.
- 10-men Espanyol beat Villareal 2-1 while Alaves too beat Levante 1-0.
Week 20 – Points Table
Points Table Overview
- Barcelona maintain the top spot after their win against Granada. They are only two goals clear though.
- Real Madrid retain their second spot despite winning its late game.
- Atletico Madrid too retain their third spot despite losing their last game.
- Sevilla are not far from the third spot and are just lagging on goal difference.
- Getafe has climbed to the fifth spot after winning their last game. It pushed both Valencia and Real Sociedad a spot down.
- Deportivo Mallorca has saved itself from being relegated after it undid the might Valencia where they did were not even favorites to win
Keep following Allsportspk for regular La Liga, Other Football Leagues & Sport Updates