Football – Serie A ’18-19: Ronaldo Misses Penalty; Juventus Keep Win Record Intact
Match Report – Juventus Vs Chievo:
- Chievo gave in to Douglas Costa, Emre Can and Daniele Rugani goals for Juventus, yet Stefano Sorrentino parried Cristiano Ronaldo’s penalty.
- The Flying Donkeys have now lost 13 of their last 14 Serie A gatherings with Juventus, attracting 1-1 September 2015.
- It was first against rearward in Turin, as Juve straight from the Supercoppa triumph over Milan midweek needed to manage without Mario Mandzukic, Juan Cuadrado, Andrea Barzagli, Medhi Benatia and suspended Miralem Pjanic, while Sami Khedira had a thump to the knee, Leonardo Bonucci and Wojciech Szczesny were refreshed.
Juventus go nine points clear ? pic.twitter.com/NhvtLI5HC9
— B/R Football (@brfootball) January 21, 2019
- Chievo finished 2018 with their first win of the season and would be before Frosinone notwithstanding the three-point penalty. They’d lost only one of the last eight games going into the Allianz Juventus Stadium, holding Napoli, Lazio and Inter.
- The primary spare of the match was by Mattia Perin, his gloves stung by Riccardo Meggiorini at the close post, however Douglas Costa broke the stop with a fierce solo strike. The Brazilian flooded forward through the center and smacked a left-foot complete into the close base corner from fresh.
— VecchiaSignora.com (@forumJuventus) January 21, 2019
- Federico Bernardeschi went on an incredible keep running from midfield past three defenders, in the long run closed off at the by-line by Luca Rossettini subsequent to endeavoring to set up Ronaldo.
- The ex-Fiorentina forward ran close again with a redirected depiction, as Stefano Sorrentino needed to straighten out and repel with his legs. Sergio Pellissier let go over on the half-volley, however Juventus multiplied their lead in first half stoppages.
- Paulo Dybala spilled among a horde of yellow pullovers and nutmegged Ivan Radovanovic with his go for Emre Can to take one touch and stroke his completion into the far base corner from 14 yards. It was the German worldwide’s presentation goal in a Juve shirt.
FT Juventus 3-0 Chievo:
26 Shots 9
10 Shots on target 3
90% Pass Success% 82%
12 Dribbles 8
15 Tackles 18
62% Possession 38% pic.twitter.com/bGnpMYWcBx
— Khaled Al Nouss (@khaledalnouss1) January 21, 2019
- Straight after the restart, Sorrentino played out a terrific response save money on Alex Sandro’s header from point-clear range, as Douglas Costa’s cross discovered him at the back post.
- Juventus were granted a penalty when Mattia Bani ran after a Douglas Costa shot with his hand from short proximity. Cristiano Ronaldo ventured up prepared for his fifteenth Serie A goal, yet did not rely on Stefano Sorrentino, who turns 40 in March, palming the spot-kick round the post. The match had conflicted in Week 1 when Ronaldo inadvertently thumped the goalkeeper oblivious.
Another game another winner…
Juventus TT o 2.5…. cash that ticket!
2-0 on the day with more coming.
I’m going back to bed. I’ve got a lot of sleep to catch up on. Health is wealth.
— Alexander J.W. Wilson (@lying_movements) January 21, 2019
- Riccardo Meggiorini did not get enough capacity to his free header, permitting Perin to cover, while the Juve ‘manager likewise parried an incredible Rossettini strike.
- Ronaldo scraped two promising open chances off target following great work from Emre Can and Dybala, yet Sorrentino played out another fine save money on Bernardeschi’s magnificent volley from the D.
- The Bianconeri got a third goal, yet it was from focus back Rugani with a free header from six yards on Bernardeschi’s free kick.
For more updates keep visiting allsportspk