Halle Open 2018 Highlights : Day 6 – 1st Half
Men’s Tennis Highlights
Single’s: Matthew Ebden vs Philipp Kohlschreiber
Result: Matthew Ebden defeated Philipp Kohlschreiber by 4-6, 6-1, 6-2.
- Matthew Ebden opened the scoring of the first set but he failed to extend it large enough for Philipp Kohlschreiber.
- The German, Philipp Kohlschreiber not only recovered the points instead he took the lead after a couple of minutes.
Wow. Matt Ebden, having the best year of his career at 30yo, beats Philipp Kohlschreiber 4-6, 6-1, 6-2 to reach the QFs in Halle.
Two seeds left in this tournament
— José Morgado (@josemorgado) June 21, 2018
- At last, Matthew Ebden lost his last two points in a quick succession and eventually lost the set to Philipp Kohlschreiber by 6-4.
- The match moved on to the next set and again Matthew Ebden took the lead this time.
- In the end, Philipp Kohlschreiber lost the set by 6-1.
Take a bow @mattebden ?
— Tennis TV (@TennisTV) June 21, 2018
- The match now moved to the third and decisive set after Philipp Kohlschreiber faced a shocking defeat in the previous set.
- Matthew Ebden opened the scoring of the third set and again he was enlarging his lead at a very swift pace.
HE’S DONE IT!
Matt Ebden with an enormous victory over Germany’s 6th seed Philipp Kohlschreiber 4-6, 6-1, 6-2. Through to the quarter finals of the @GERRYWEBERWORLD!#GerryWeberOpen #GoAussies ??? pic.twitter.com/YLbWZBpqQe
— Aussie Tennis Talks (@AusTennisTalks) June 21, 2018
- Philipp Kohlschreiber failed to chase Matthew Ebden’s lead and eventually lost the third set too by 6-2.
Single’s: Borna Coric vs Nikoloz Basilashvili
Result: Borna Coric defeated Nikoloz Basilashvili by 6-4, 6-2.
- The Georgian player, Nikoloz Basilashvili took a great start by taking the lead in the opening set.
- However, Nikoloz failed to extend his score and Borna Coric finally recovered it after some time.
- At last, Borna Coric claimed his win in the first by 6-4 when Nikoloz Basilashvili failed to score two points on his serve.
Borna Coric defeats Nikoloz Basilashvili 64 62 in the second round of the Gerry Weber Open in Halle! ???
— tennis news channel (@tennisnewschan1) June 21, 2018
- The second set started and this time the Croatian, Borna Coric opened the scoring as Nikoloz Basilashvili failed to took the lead on his serve.
- Nikoloz Basilashvili got in pressure after he was trailing behind by three points.
21st win of 2018 for 21-year-old @borna_coric ???
— Tennis TV (@TennisTV) June 21, 2018
- Finally, Borna Coric finished the set with a powerful shot on his serve and made it to the next round of Halle Open 2018.
- Despite the fact that Nikoloz Basilashvili scored on three aces, he also made a total of six double faults which cost him the match against Borna Coric.
— Open Era Rankings (@OpenEraRankings) June 21, 2018
Double’s: Marcelo Melo and Lukasz Kubot vs Philipp Oswald and Max Mirnyi
Result: Marcelo Melo and Lukasz Kubot defeated Philipp Oswald and Max Mirnyi by 6-7(2), 6-3, 10-4.
- Philipp Oswald and Max Mirnyi took a great start as they opened the scoring of the first set.
- However, on the other hand, Marcelo Melo and Lukasz Kubot came in action after some time and started recovering the lead.
- The set came to a tie-breaker after an intense battle between the two pairs as the score was levelled at 6-6.
— Tenis24.eu (@Tenis24eu) June 21, 2018
- Philipp Oswald and Max Mirnyi claimed the victory in the first set by 6-7(2) as they won on the tie-break after Marcelo Melo and Lukasz Kubot both lost a point on their serve.
- The second set started and this time Marcelo Melo and Lukasz Kubot opened the scoring.
- In the end, Philipp Oswald and Max Mirnyi failed to chase them and ultimately lost the second set by 6-3.
- Marcelo Melo and Lukasz Kubot again took the lead in the decisive set.
Marcelo Melo e Lukasz Kubot estão na semi de Halle, 6/7 6/3 e 10-4 em Mirnyi/Oswald! Enfrentam os vencedores de Dodig/Ram x Granollers/Haase na próxima rodada. ?❤? pic.twitter.com/FMQv3mfLkG
— Aliny Calejon (@alcalejon) June 21, 2018
- While on the other hand, Philipp Oswald and Max Mirnyi struggled hard to chase the lead but they failed to do so.
- At last, Marcelo Melo and Lukasz Kubot won the third set and booked their place into the Semi finals of Halle Open 2018.
Do join allsportspk to see the highlights of the 7th day of Halle Open 2018.
For regular updates visit : Allsportspk