IPL SeriesIPL Match Schedule
|Match 9: Mumbai Indians Vs Delhi Daredevils – Summary and Analysis|
|Date: 14th April, 2018|
|Venue: Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai|
|Umpires: Nitin Menon, KN Ananthapadmanabhan|
|Toss won by: Delhi Daredevils, elected to field first|
|Mumbai Indians 1st Innings: 194/7 (20 Overs, RR: 9.7)|
|Batting: SA Yadav 53 off 32 balls, Evan Lewis 48 off 28 balls, Ishan Kishan 44 off 23 balls.|
|Bowling: R Tewatia 2/36 in 4 overs, Trent Boult 2/39 in 4 overs.|
|Target: 195 runs from 20 overs.
Delhi Daredevils 2nd Innings: 195/3 (20 Overs, RR: 9.75)
|Batting: JJ Roy 91* off 53 balls, Rishabh Pant 47 off 25 balls, Shreyas Iyer 27* off 20 balls.|
|Bowling: Mustafizur Rahman 1/25 in 4 overs, Krunal Pandya 2/21 in 3 overs.|
|Result: Delhi Daredevils won by 7 wickets.
Man of the Match: Jason Roy
|Highlights & Analysis|
1. Having lost their first 2 matches in a row Mumbai and Delhi were searching for their first win in this IPL.
2. Delhi won the toss and chose to field first. But little did they know that this decision is about to cost them a lot. Mumbai’s openers SA Yadav and Evan Lewis went berserk on Delhi’s bowlers as they shared a 102-run stand.
3. Only 9 overs had gone by and Mumbai had already reached their hundred. The Mumbai batsmen were scoring at a run rate of more than 10+ per over. Delhi needed wickets and this is where their spinner Tewatia came in handy.
4. The spinner struck in his two consecutive overs to remove Mumbai’s openers and provided his team with an opening. However, Rohit Sharma along with Ishan Kishan shared a 57-run partnership to cruise Mumbai’s score over 160.
5. These two batsmen were striking the ball cleanly and 220+ seemed quite easy at this time. But, this is when Christian’s double strike in the 16th over sent Ishan Kishan and Pollard back to the pavilion.
6. Delhi now tightened their grip further as three wickets fell in the last three overs of the match and Mumbai fell three short of 200. Delhi now had to score 195 runs to win from 20 overs.
7. The 2nd innings went underway as Delhi’s openers came out to bat. Jason Roy and Gautam Gambhir made a good start as the pair added 50 runs for the opening partnership. However, Mustafizur took out Delhi’s captain to provide his team with an opening.
8. The young Rishabh Pant joined Jason Roy as both batsmen added 69 runs in 6 overs to put Delhi in the driving seat. However, Krunal Pandya struck in consecutive overs and Mumbai made a comeback in this match.
9. But Jason Roys’s superior form was complimented well by Shreyas Iyer and Delhi came close to a victory. In the end Delhi needed 11 to win off 6 balls.
10. Roy struck two boundaries and a single of the last ball to give Delhi their first win of the tournament. On the other hand, the defending IPL champions Mumbai now have lost 3 matches in 3 games.
|Mumbai Indians||Delhi Daredevils|
G Gambhir (c)
RR Pant †
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk|