Italian Serie A ’18-19 – Highlights: Sassuolo Hold Sampdoria To A Goalless Draw
This is the last match of of Serie A, Match Day 9 of 38. The highlights are appended below the points table.
For Complete team rankings, click here
Serie A – Match 10 of 10: Sampdoria vs Sassuolo
Result: 0 – 0
|1||Shots On Target||0|
- Sampdoria and Sassuolo played out a goalless draw, with Domenico Berardi going nearest in a dull match at Marassi.
- Blucerchiati Coach Marco Giampaolo ran with a 4-3-1-2 shape, with Gaston Ramirez playing in behind Fabio Quagliarella and Gregoire Defrel.
- There was no Kevin-Prince Boateng for Sassuolo, so Khouma Babacar drove the line flanked by Domenico Berardi and Filip Djuricic.
- It was Babacar who had the primary possibility of the match, twisting a shot over the bar in the wake of being teed-up on the edge of the case.
— Football Headlines (@Footheadl) October 22, 2018
- It was a cagey opening, with Ramirez additionally shooting over the bar in an opening period which was without activity.
- Fabio Quagliarella slice it back to the Uruguayan from the right, yet he made history under the ball and scooped it over.
- The most obvious opportunity with regards to the half tumbled to previous Sassuolo man Gregoire Defrel, yet he could just shin wide on the volley at the back post.
- Giangiacomo Magnani was managed excessively space on a corner at the opposite end, however he could just head Berardi’s on and the ball did not leave play.
- Berardi took things onto his own feet, however observed his left-footed shot bounce back off the post after had coincidentally blocked Pol Lirola’s exertion.
As @sampdoria_en prepare to face Sassuolo tonight, have a read of my analysis of the super-defense Marco Giampaolo has created (yet again). Third best defensive record in Europe’s top five leagues.
Analysis of their 4-3-1-2:
— David Selini (@DaveSelini) October 22, 2018
- As half-time drew closer, Dennis Praet’s poor pass squandered a promising counter-assault for Samp, before Edgar Barreto’s close post shot was spared by Andrea Consigli.
- The beginning of the second half was postponed by specialized issues with the VAR framework, and the innovation was not being used for the greater part of the second half.
- Berardi had another shot from the edge of the case, yet this time it cruised innocuously over the bar.
- Ramirez grabbed an injury had must be supplanted by Riccardo Saponara, and the previous Fiorentina man relatively had a quick effect.
- The substitute got onto a cross in the penalty box, and his left-footed volley wasn’t far finished.
Visit allsportspk on 27th October for the next matches of Match Day 10 of 38, Serie A 2018-19.