Italian Serie A ’18-19 – Highlights: Mauro Icardi Bags Yet Another Brace
This is the last match of of Serie A, Match Day 10 of 38. The highlights are appended below the points table.
Italian Serie A ’18-19 – Highlights: Atalanta Off To A Flying Start
For Complete team rankings, click here
Serie A 2018-19 – Full Schedule
Serie A – Match 10 of 10: Lazio vs Inter Milan
Result: 0 – 3
- Inter Milan: Mauro Icardi 28′, 70′, Marcelo Brozovic 41′
|Lazio||Team Stats||Inter Milan|
|4||Shots On Target||7|
- Mauro Icardi packed away a double strike around Marcelo Brozovic’s daisy-shaper, as Inter again vanquished Lazio at the Stadio Olimpico to go joint second.
- Just a single point isolated these sides going in to an extremely wet Stadio Olimpico, yet the Nerazzurri are currently level with Napoli after a 6th continuous Serie A triumph.
- There was additionally the crisp memory of an emotional gathering in May. On the last day of the season, Inter battled back to win 3-2 and jump their opponents to anchor the last Champions League spot.
#SerieA – RESULT:
⚽⚽ Icardi 28′, 70′
⚽ Brozovic 41′
Inter Milan extend their winning streak in the league to six matches after a dominant performance in Rome. pic.twitter.com/BVgmYpLfHl
— SuperSport (@SuperSportTV) October 29, 2018
- Lucas Leiva and Riza Durmisi were out harmed, so Milan Badelj came back to the beginning XI with Felipe Caicedo supporting Ciro Immobile. The Nerazzurri missed Radja Nainggolan and shockingly supplanted him with Joao Mario, who hadn’t included for the club since a 1-1 draw with Fiorentina on January 5, burning through a half year on-loan at West Ham United.
- Entomb have now won four of their last five gatherings with Lazio, drawing the other. Matias Vecino scored the late champ back in May and had the main possibility here, however swelled over after a Sime Vrsaljko pull-back.
@inter just buried Lazio in Rome to go 2nd place in Serie A. Another reason why CL games against clubs like Barca are so important win or lose
— Tyson Bond (@Tyson_Bond) October 29, 2018
- Ivan Perisic flashed a ball over the essence of objective and Mauro Icardi was inches from getting his toe to tap in at the back post.
- Milan Badelj’s odd corner relatively astonished Samir Handanovic under the bar, yet Ciro Immobile was sure about objective in the wake of springing the offside snare just to waver and permit Joao Miranda an edgy handle.
- Perisic scraped his styler only wide from separation, however Inter got through when Perisic thumped down a cross for Vecino, who flicked it along the six-yard box for Icardi to push home.
A really bad day for us, @inter proved to be too strong. Well that game is done and dusted, now focus shifts to the game against #SPAL which is a must win for us to get back on track. #ForeverLazio #LazioInter #SerieA #AvantiLazio
— Owólabí Ọlálékan Gabriel ?? (@Olalekan_Owo) October 29, 2018
- It went from terrible to more awful for Lazio, who at that point lost Badelj to damage, presenting Danilo Cataldi. There was very nearly a rehash of May’s notorious Vecino header on a free kick, however this time Thomas Strakosha could repel.
- Another set play demonstrated conclusive, as a corner was gotten to 25 meters out, where Marcelo Brozovic crushed a daisy-shaper into the base corner.
- Lazio emerged cocked and locked after the restart and Handanovic palmed a risky Danilo Cataldi free kick out of the close best corner, Caicedo gestured wide and Sergej Milinkovic-Savic’s volley on the turn shrieked off target.
FT: #Lazio 0-3 #InterMilan. Mauro #Icardi scores twice to inspire #Inter to a fine away win to go second in #SerieA. @MauroIcardi @Inter_tr @SerieA Match stats: https://t.co/fGLA3xdYSX pic.twitter.com/tKcYLFAVXb
— FlashScore.com (@FlashScoreCOM) October 29, 2018
- Handanovic punched a fierce Adam Marusic strike over the bar, however Inter affirmed their clinical edge before objective with a third.
- Borja Valero’s astute slide-lead pass split the barrier, Icardi took a touch to send Luiz Felipe the wrong way and penetrated in at the close base corner from 10 yards.
- Joaquin Correa attempted to reestablish some pride with a solid raced to disregard Milan Skriniar, however Handanovic stood out a foot to deny his amazing finish at the close post. The Slovenian goalkeeper did likewise with his body on Immobile.
Lazio v Inter Milan in #SerieA kicks off at 7:30pm. Lazio have won 8 of their last 10 matches and have not been involved in a drawn match all season. Ciro Immobile – 5 goals in his last 4 starts for Lazio. Lazio will go 3rd if they win. Inter are currently in 3rd #LazioInter
— Bar One Racing (@BarOneRacing) October 29, 2018
Visit allsportspk on 3rd November, for the next matches of Match Day 11 of 38, Serie A 2018-19.